Hello, dear friends!

Q5, SQR100-2, BBOS 10.2.1.2273, has no warranty.

I have the following problems:

1. The bettery can't be charged over 60% while the Q5 is on. If I turn it off, it can be charged to 100%.
    2. The LED is constantly blinking red when the Q5 is on. BBVE fails only the LED test.

I have updated BBOS, bought a new original adapter, flashed to original box BBOS 10.1.0 and flashed to new 10.2.1.

I also wrote to @BlackBerryHelp but they could not help me.

I found a lot of people on forums with the very same problems with Q5, Z10, Z30. That is a factory flaw and I should expect to exchange my Q5, as well as all the other people.

I'd like BB representatives contact me and settle this issue.

Update:

Thank you for understanding. Though it does not change the core of the issue for it is a factory flaw which is to be settled.

And the absence of any opportunity to contact BlackBerry Support spoils the impression about the company. After such an attitude I don't feel like buying other BlackBerry Devices.

Best regards,

abzzolut

info:

All this I wrote to supportforums.blackberry.com failing to find direct contacts with BlackBerry. I repost all this here in hope to get some advice. The company should pay attention to such an amount of produced flaw.
    Last edited by abzzolut; 04-26-14 at 10:21 AM.
    04-26-14 05:42 AM
    Have you tried actually contacting BlackBerry directly?
    While a lot of BlackBerry employees use this website, it is in fact a fan run website and not affiliated with BlackBerry on an official level.
    Go to Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com and enter the Support section.
    04-26-14 06:04 AM
    If possible take your phone back to where you got it from. If they are a good company they will try and help you out, and probably supply you with a loaner phone while they send your Q5 in for repair. They may require a deposit on the loaner phone.

That is what I just did for a camera repair, and either BlackBerry or Koodo chose to replace my phone rather than fix it. I would have been just as happy if they had fixed my old phone, which was only a month old.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 10:22 AM
    DaFoxGrey, BB has become a reserved company, I have to contact them directly. They send me to the carrier which is of no use because it is not a carrier's device. CB is the best web in my opinion, that is why I am writing here.

spruceartist , I have no opportunity of bringing it back. Having looked through the forum I was surprised at the number of such problems. That speaks for factory flaw which is to be exchanged for free.
    Last edited by abzzolut; 04-26-14 at 10:42 AM.
    04-26-14 10:30 AM
    Same as spruceartist. I had a problem with my off-contract Q10 I bought from Koodo, and thry exchanged it right away at the booth.

How much time since you bought it? You could return it to have it exchanged there if it isn't too long. Otherwise, you will have to contact BlackBerry directly for your one year warranty.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q5
    04-26-14 10:44 AM
    BadGoliath42, Less than a year, but I have no warranty. I have no such BB contacts.
    04-26-14 11:52 AM
    I'm confused.

If you got it less than a year ago there should be a one year manufactures warranty...

Did you buy it new or used?

I don't understand why you wouldn't have the mfg warranty if it's less than a year.

Did you call or email blackberry direct?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:44 PM
    jdmorin, I bought it used. I don't have any payment papers, but I have a complete box set.

Yes, I have tried to contact them. The only available contacts I found on the web were tweeter & community forums, no mails, no calls. Do you have any mails & numbers in EU?
    04-27-14 03:03 AM
    You bought it used and the previous owner damaged it I'm guessing ? How do you know it's a factory flaw?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-27-14 04:21 AM
    Dave Bourque, It was not damaged. Read the first post, please.
    04-27-14 06:06 AM
    I was thinking about this post earlier.
    I have seen very few posts on this problem, so although your phone is flawed it is not enough for BlackBerry to recall and fix all phones.

In your case, since not all companies allow you to transfer warranties you may have to pay to get anything fixed anyways.
    This is a good reason to keep the original owners contact info, then get them to get it fixed.
    They would probably love to hear that it's working good if it was too.

Back to your phone. Yes it is an issue that a few people have. Enough people where I think it may be another issue with this latest firmware.
    I am certain that BlackBerry knows of the problem, and is working on a patch at this moment. Since it is more of an inconvenience rather than a major issue they may not fix it overnight. However I am certain that you will get a minor update one day that will fix the issue.

If your phone is working fine otherwise why not just relax and enjoy the rest of its features.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 07:45 AM
    spruceartist, Are you connected with BlackBerry company?

Thank you for advice.

If more than two people have the same problem, it is flaw. After many years of using BlackBerry devices, I have a strong reason to quit.

I hope other people will find proper solutions of the flaw issue.
    04-27-14 08:26 AM
    No I am not connected to the company, I have just been using electronic devices for years that have upgradeable firmware. They are all the same, as in they make improvements to the software, but no mater how much time they spend there is always going to be at least one device that will not work properly afterwards.

It actually boils down to us. You would not buy a phone that is not working right, and if you decide to upgrade the firmware or any apps there is always a chance something will stop working. No company should have to fix anything you decided to upgrade, but most are usually nice enough to.

Your definition of a flaw is different than mine. Which is fine. They are not going to recall the full lineup because a handful of phones have 1 problem. They will fix or replace those few phones. In this case it will probably be through a firmware patch, but if it is more than that you may want to look through all your contact lists to see who you bought the phone from. I am often surprised at who my Gmail or yahoo account add to my contacts, so look in all your accounts.
    If you don't find them BlackBerry may still fix or replace your phone for free, it is entirely up to them. You will still need their contact info, which I do not have.
    And writing them a nice polite letter is always the best way to get their attention.
    If they have a fax machine fax it to them. Since very few people send faxes now your letter sticks out and does not just get pushed further down the pile like most emails.

If you feel BlackBerry has done you wrong I will not try and convince you otherwise. After you see how bad some other companies are you may just change your mind. But then again you may also find something that works better for you.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 10:41 AM
    spruceartist, Thank you for reply. I am talking only about BB now, i am not interested in facts about other companies. I must admit that the quality of BB hardware has declined lately. Something must be done about it otherwise they can lose clients. That is why their contact info must be open. If my case is positively decided upon, I will respect them a lot.
    04-27-14 11:16 AM
    DaFoxGrey, BB has become a reserved company, I have to contact them directly. They send me to the carrier which is of no use because it is not a carrier's device. CB is the best web in my opinion, that is why I am writing here.

spruceartist , I have no opportunity of bringing it back. Having looked through the forum I was surprised at the number of such problems. That speaks for factory flaw which is to be exchanged for free.
    Your wireless carrier should be able to send your smartphone to BlackBerry for repair.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    04-27-14 11:55 AM