Yesterday, I noticed the battery was draining faster than usual. Right now, I am getting 3 hours on a full charge. Up until last week, I would get more than a day on a charge.

Any help? Here is what I have tried from reading other threads:

Updated O/S
    Turned off WiFi
    Turned off Bluetooth
    Never used BBM, Facebook, Twitter

I checked by Background Applications - nothing unusual.
    I have a screenshot of my battery usage but don't know how to upload it.

Display 18%
    System 9.1%
    PIM Services 4.2%
    10-10-17 07:08 PM
    Here is the screenshot

Q5 battery draining very fast all of a sudden-img_20171010_193238.png
    10-10-17 07:10 PM
    Maybe your battery is just getting too old and is degrading rapidly instead of having a slow decline?
    10-10-17 07:21 PM
    Maybe your battery is just getting too old and is degrading rapidly instead of having a slow decline?
    Maybe you are correct - I did a few restarts earlier today, and noticed the battery % increased after a restart.
    10-10-17 07:53 PM
    Is the battery as old as the phone? You could try 'nudging' the phone to recalibrate the battery meter, but if the battery is on its last legs, this may finish it off:

Run the battery until the phone shuts itself down.
    Power the phone back up, it should shut down again right away, maybe before it even fully boots. Repeat this until it won't turn on any more.
    Now connect it to a good mains charger (quality brand, at least 750mA (and pref 1A) output) and leave the phone connected overnight.
    Use the phone normally, let the battery drain again until it shuts itself down.
    Recharge fully as before.

The phone will now have a record of the battery's voltage at different states of discharge and you may see less of the sudden shutdowns. I would buy a new battery, though! They can be had, complete with the external charger for about £10 on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 11:02 AM
    Thanks for all the help - I did replace the battery, but my device won't power on now. If I hold the power button, the red light comes on, but won't stay on, and no screen ever appears. Blackberry Link recognizes the device, though.

Is it normal for a new battery to need time to charge up?
    Today 04:49 PM
    Thanks for all the help - I did replace the battery, but my device won't power on now. If I hold the power button, the red light comes on, but won't stay on, and no screen ever appears. Blackberry Link recognizes the device, though.

Today 04:49 PM

This does sound like there's no juice in the battery presently. Yes, charge it up before use.
    Today 07:28 PM