Bought a q5 on a whim for like 15$ that supposedly didn't work, however much to my surprise it was fully functional, unlocked, and in pretty good shape! I ran some updates and popped my Sim card in it and I have to say I'm really liking it so far!! The form factor is a delight to hold hold and the keyboard is a dream to type on; it reminds me of my 8700's keyboard which I really love typing on. I always wanted a q5 but I skipped over it entirely going from a q10 to a classic to a passport, so it's nice to finally get to use a q5. I do wish it had a bit more storage though, I barely have any apps installed and it already at 50% usage :/

Posted via CB10
    02-28-20 08:32 AM
    Yeah 8GB storage is the biggest issues for the Q5 and Z3.... Limit your Email Sync time to 7 days, and that should help some

Lot's of folks loved the smaller form factor.
    02-28-20 09:34 AM
    Bought a q5 on a whim for like 15$ that supposedly didn't work, however much to my surprise it was fully functional, unlocked, and in pretty good shape! I ran some updates and popped my Sim card in it and I have to say I'm really liking it so far!! The form factor is a delight to hold hold and the keyboard is a dream to type on; it reminds me of my 8700's keyboard which I really love typing on. I always wanted a q5 but I skipped over it entirely going from a q10 to a classic to a passport, so it's nice to finally get to use a q5. I do wish it had a bit more storage though, I barely have any apps installed and it already at 50% usage :/

Posted via CB10
    Can't argue with the price!
    02-28-20 09:49 AM
    Yeah 8GB storage is the biggest issues for the Q5 and Z3.... Limit your Email Sync time to 7 days, and that should help some

Lot's of folks loved the smaller form factor.
    I'll do that, thanks for the tip! I did poke around with the system files and was able to clear up a little space by removing some language files and a few other things, but it wasn't too much. I also tried to move some android apps to the SD card but the ones i tried became borked and needed a reinstall. Oh well, it'll have t odo
    03-06-20 11:10 AM
    I'll do that, thanks for the tip! I did poke around with the system files and was able to clear up a little space by removing some language files and a few other things, but it wasn't too much. I also tried to move some android apps to the SD card but the ones i tried became borked and needed a reinstall. Oh well, it'll have t odo
    Somewhere here on CB there is a thread describing which OS files you can remove safely. Maybe you have already seen that but I'm pretty sure that you can get about 300 mb or more of extra space which would be helpful.

edit: here is one thread but there are others: https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...547.1578667809

This is the thread i've used: https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-t...547.1578667809
    03-06-20 11:36 AM
    Somewhere here on CB there is a thread describing which OS files you can remove safely. Maybe you have already seen that but I'm pretty sure that you can get about 300 mb or more of extra space which would be helpful.

edit: here is one thread but there are others: https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...547.1578667809

This is the thread i've used: https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-t...547.1578667809
    A "shrink-my-os" for BB10 would have been "cool".
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-06-20 11:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard on the Q5 is great. Get an SD card to store music and pictures, and that is the only phone I use with a casing because I find it slippery. The Amzer one is really good.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-20 06:49 PM
    Gotta agree. The Q5 was awesome. Brings back memories of Summer 2014
    03-09-20 08:20 PM
    The keyboard on the Q5 is great. Get an SD card to store music and pictures, and that is the only phone I use with a casing because I find it slippery. The Amzer one is really good.

Posted via CB10
    Been looking at cases, would you recommend the amzer that you suggested or the official blackberry gel/hard case? Both are pretty cheap.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-20 01:15 PM
    Been looking at cases, would you recommend the amzer that you suggested or the official blackberry gel/hard case? Both are pretty cheap.

Posted via CB10
    I bought both the amzer and blackberry ones. The blackberry gel case is okay, but the amzer one is better in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-20 10:26 PM
    I bought both the amzer and blackberry ones. The blackberry gel case is okay, but the amzer one is better in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed - if you like the gels, Amzer is the brand to go with imo. I have had mine now (on a Passport and a Z10) for more than 5 years and it still is like new. The button contacts and tabs are still in perfect working condition.
    03-17-20 09:02 AM
    I love the Q5 too in 2020. You can install all apps on your SD card so you don't use the precious 8 gigs internally, cause yes, you'll get eaten alive... Much more to this...
    03-27-20 11:25 AM