Hey guys. I have a BlackBerry Passport silver edition but I just ordered myself a q5 from ebay. Main reason for that order was that q5 will be my travel/ drinking phone. And I always wanted to try that different KB. My question is will it work on ATT gophone sim? Data etc?
    Lot of different info on the web that it might not work due to locked apn settings or something. I'm from Finland and will be travelling to vegas soon. Last time I was in the states I had my good old Bold with me with the 2dollar daily plan which worked out fine though no data there.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 01:45 PM
    Voice and text you will get, but data may be an issue. Not because the Q5 can't get any, but because 1) AT&T never sold this phone, so it may not be provisioned (even though it's just another BB10 phone...) and 2) the locked APN thing you talked about.

Here's what I would do: if you get your GoPhone SIM card from an A&T store, put it in your Q5; see if you get data. If you don't, ask for the SIM card to be put in a store demo phone for a couple of minutes, let it (SIM) get provisioned. Then try it again in your phone.

BTW: LTE only if this is a SQR100-1. 3G/HSPA+ for the other two models.
    10-28-15 03:14 PM