Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone is running 10.3.1.1154 on a Q5 and have it working smooth. It seems like anything above 10.2.1 never works well for me. The 1154 WiFi is better than all the 10.3.xxxx I've tried but still not quite as good as 10.2.1. But I could live with it being slightly weaker on this new build. But the real issue is the android apps. I don't know why if I'm on WiFi only and no sim card in the phone, everything works great, even the android apps. It was all working well over 24hrs as I was slowly setting things up before I put in the sim card, but the second I stick in the sim card, the dark screen with the slow growing green line starts up and the apps starts disappearing after awhile as an active frame. If I take the sim card out, bam- everything is working fine again. I was able to finally put the sim card back in and it was all running great for about 5 hrs. I thought I was over the hump of the android runtime struggling to get going, but then it all started happening again. And of course, if I take the sim card and use WiFi only, it all runs good again.

Any solutions??

Thanks. I sure would like to get this working on my Q5 and hopefully I don't have to downgrade the OS for the 9th time.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:05 AM
    I did not face any such issue with that build. Android applications worked like a charm. I tried out Instagram, Subway Surfers, Pinterest etc and they all worked very well.

I suggest that you re-install the OS and this time around do not restore your data using BlackBerry Link. Sometimes restoring data via BlackBerry Link can cause issues with a leaked OS.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-20-14 02:00 AM
    Thanks for responding back. Well that is good to know that build can work good on a Q5. I never do a restore as I heard many have problems when doing so. It is strange why this happening to my Q5. Maybe there is something wrong with my device. More strange is that all is fine till I put the sim card in. If I take it out, immediately it works fine and no apps crashing. Thanks again for letting me know.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:33 AM