Hello,

After using a Bold and a Torch for years I made the foolish mistake going for the S3 as there weren't any new BB devices available at the time. Fast forward to today - the S3 finally drove me up the wall so I went out and purchased a Q5. The main reason to go back to BB is because I was craving a good keyboard again so I can send e-mails again without having to backspace every 0.5 seconds.

I quickly got everything loaded and filled out but I am now running into a wall when I try to add e-mail accounts. I've tried the easy option of just filling out the e-mail address and password and letting BB sort it out. I've tried to fill out the IMAP info and lastly the POP3. Unfortunately I keep getting error messages. Unfortunately my phone is set to Dutch, so the errors are all in Dutch as well.
    When trying to do the easy option it first says:
    'This e-mail provider is possibly unreliable. Personal information may not be secure' - I click proceed (as I know this e-mail address is just fine) and after a while it says 'If you wish to add a business account, you need to verify if the activation code of the company has not expired. Please contact the tech support for further support'.

I figured I might have done something wrong so might as well add the account manually. It again gives me the error about personal information not being secure. Then it says 'server for account XXX - [email protected] [mail.XXXXX.com, port 587] is unavailable. Possibly the settings are incorrect or the server is down. Check your settings and try again'.

I am absolutely sure this information is correct, I have checked it half a dozen times and it was/is currently working on my S3. I have tried some other e-mail accounts (that are currently up and running in my Windows Live Mail) and all get the same error. I do have to say it's all the same e-mail server. I've contacted the guys at the hosting and they say all is fine and working with their ANDROID and iPhone devices without problems.

I hope someone has some experience with this. I apologise for the poorly translated error messages. It makes it very tricky to google as I don't know the correct error messages!

Thanks a bunch
    08-06-13 02:31 PM
    Can you not change the language from dutch?

Also what email are you using?
    08-06-13 02:40 PM
    Can you not change the language from dutch?

Also what email are you using?
    Quite possibly, but haven't figured out yet how to. I am Dutch so the Dutch language is what I selected at the start up.

The e-mail address is [email protected] where 'ourbusinesswebsite' is random
    08-06-13 02:46 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I use outlook.
    08-12-13 09:43 PM