Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I just received a new Q5 and set it up with a single email account for a client and nothing but the Hub, Contacts, Tasks, Notes and Email, synced with MS Exchange. I'm using it on WiFi only while I'm in the office or in my house, as a dedicated platform for a key client.

This phone is PERFECT for the purpose: clean, compact, and it focuses all my attention on what matters for me which is email, contacts and calendar events. It's a productivity beast with only 8GB of memory. I'm seriously considering getting more of these.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-05-19 01:35 PM
    If simple works.... there is nothing wrong with that.
    02-05-19 02:12 PM
    If simple works.... there is nothing wrong with that.
    It drove home for me how quickly I reach a point of diminishing returns trying to do work inside of apps on my KEYone. What I love about BB10 is that if there's no work to do, it knows how to shut the F up! LOL

02-05-19 04:08 PM
    I just received a new Q5 and set it up with a single email account for a client and nothing but the Hub, Contacts, Tasks, Notes and Email, synced with MS Exchange. I'm using it on WiFi only while I'm in the office or in my house, as a dedicated platform for a key client.

This phone is PERFECT for the purpose: clean, compact, and it focuses all my attention on what matters for me which is email, contacts and calendar events. It's a productivity beast with only 8GB of memory. I'm seriously considering getting more of these.

Congrats on getting the Q5! Have you noticed any significant performance difference using it as apposed to your z10?? Just curious bc I was thinking that getting another bb10 device to replace my Q10
    02-05-19 08:01 PM
    Congrats on getting the Q5! Have you noticed any significant performance difference using it as apposed to your z10?? Just curious bc I was thinking that getting another bb10 device to replace my Q10
    Better battery life than the Z10 with the much smaller screen and a lot less data exchanged due to only using one account vs. nine on the Z10.

Other than that, no difference. I don't really run the browser or non Hub apps, so both are very quick and responsive, faster than my KEYone, in fact.

02-05-19 08:12 PM
    Better battery life than the Z10 with the much smaller screen and a lot less data exchanged due to only using one account vs. nine on the Z10.

Other than that, no difference. I don't really run the browser or non Hub apps, so both are very quick and responsive, faster than my KEYone, in fact.

How awesome! I used my Q10 for a whole lot more things than the basics (social media surprisingly, pics/video, docs editing) and honestly I didn't think it handled it slow. It urks me a little to know this, I have the keyone as well and even though I really like and have acclimated to blackberry on androids , bb10 has the better hub and like you said "less distractions"

Anyways thanks for the insight on the Q5, it reminds me a little of the old curves, which were my favorite bbos phones.
    02-05-19 10:22 PM
    How awesome! I used my Q10 for a whole lot more things than the basics (social media surprisingly, pics/video, docs editing) and honestly I didn't think it handled it slow. It urks me a little to know this, I have the keyone as well and even though I really like and have acclimated to blackberry on androids , bb10 has the better hub and like you said "less distractions"

Anyways thanks for the insight on the Q5, it reminds me a little of the old curves, which were my favorite bbos phones.
    I’ve never understood the desire for Curve over Bold or Q5 over Q10 but that’s me. I always want bigger or faster
    02-05-19 11:21 PM
    Some people preferred the chicklet keys of the Q5. You never know maybe the next Key0 for $200.
    02-06-19 12:37 AM
    Some people preferred the chicklet keys of the Q5. You never know maybe the next Key0 for $200.
    Man, If BlackBerry Mobile were to make a Q5 or Q10 form factor with a Hub-focused launcher (including all notifications managed in the Hub with suitable notification profiles), I would be a happy user!

I know what some will say:

1) Android won't allow the screen size or the elimination of the notification shade because all Android devices have to conform...

2) A lot of what I want can be configured by the user with the right launcher/apps/configs...

To me, Android is like a car with square wheels and a steering wheel coated with slime, and the selling point is you can change out the wheels and steering wheel if you just add the right apps and spend a few hours with the right tools. Thanks, but no thanks. Just build a damned car that works properly, like my lovely Q5.

MadMarti likes this.
    02-06-19 01:38 AM
    Granted the screen would have to a bit taller.
    02-06-19 06:13 PM
    I have been using a Q5 as my personal phone for almost 5 years, although in the last year I use my Q10 most of the time now for that purpose. I subsequently bought 3 more Q5s as they were cheap and reliable for my kids, parents, etc.

The 2 things I really don't like about my Q5 is that 1. it is slippery and plasticky. I bought skins for it (I think that they were amzer brand). I recommend that you get one. Make the phone feel much more premium and much less slippery. 7 bucks well spent.

The other dislike is that the gps is slow and weak so it sucks for exercise tracking on the bicycle or jogging, especially in the trees.

Other than that, the Q5 has been excellent.

I actually prefer the clicky Q5 keyboard over the more premium Q10. Plus the Q5 didn't have any double typing issues.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    02-06-19 08:21 PM
    OP...since you are a Z10 user i would recommend to try a BB Leap. Battery life is much much better than the Z10, and it is a good looking phone also. If you have the chance and have few bucks to spend...give it a try!

For the moment enjoy your Q5.
    02-07-19 12:50 AM
    I love my Q5. I think I would buy a second one
    02-07-19 02:32 AM
    OP...since you are a Z10 user i would recommend to try a BB Leap. Battery life is much much better than the Z10, and it is a good looking phone also. If you have the chance and have few bucks to spend...give it a try!

For the moment enjoy your Q5.
    Thanks for the advice. I prefer to stick with my Z10 as it's smaller, lighter, has greater Pixel density, includes an HDMI Port and offers a removable battery. I also like the rounded corners more.

The one feature that the Leap has that I wish the Z10 had is FM Radio.

elfabio80 likes this.
    02-07-19 03:55 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I prefer to stick with my Z10 as it's smaller, lighter, has greater Pixel density, includes an HDMI Port and offers a removable battery. I also like the rounded corners more.

The one feature that the Leap has that I wish the Z10 had is FM Radio.

And your q5 has that. I use it all the time.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    02-07-19 07:37 PM

Q5 is a great BB10 phone and was underrated. I moved to Q10 for more internal space but Q5 was my first BB10 phone so will always have a soft spot for it. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-19 03:48 PM
    Would love it if "simple" was en vogue again.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-19 03:48 PM
    Would love it if "simple" was en vogue again.

Posted via CB10
    Simple is definitely in.. simply pick Android or iOS device. Pretty simple... lol
    02-09-19 04:34 PM
    Simple is definitely in.. simply pick Android or iOS device. Pretty simple... lol
    Perfect for simpletons...

Posted via CB10
    02-09-19 08:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hope comments like these help you feel better about yourself!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-19 02:49 PM

The writing on Q5 is fabulous. 😉

Even Q10 can't compare with Q5. Curved keyboards are top 🔝 . Period.
    RockyRodger likes this.
    02-10-19 03:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, you now use one (KEY¹) yourself, right? So that goes without saying. 😀
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 02-13-19 at 12:26 AM.
    02-10-19 04:42 PM
    Hope comments like these help you feel better about yourself!

Posted via CB10
    Ditto

Posted via CB10
    02-12-19 06:57 PM
    The writing on Q5 is fabulous. 😉

Even Q10 can't compare with Q5. Curved keyboards are top 🔝 . Period.
    It is a great keyboard on the q5. The only problem is when you are in a quiet room where that clicky keyboard can make some noise. This q10 is quieter but the q5 is kinda like pinching bubble wrap and much more fun to type on.

Posted via CB10
    Vladislavt likes this.
    02-12-19 07:19 PM