First of all, yes i'm new, yes the phone is new (got it a few hours ago), yes it's my first BB device and no i don't know what i'm doing.

So, with that out of the way. I don't really know what i should do now. I want to update to something newer but the phone and BB link tell me it's the latest version, somehow...

It's not from a carrier, it's just the normal Q5. I've read a bit about downgrading limitations and some people not being too happy with 10.3.3 and recommend sticking with 10.3.2.

I've already made a backup but there's nothing important on it anyway so losing everything isn't a big deal. Also i've read a bit about autoloader but that's about it...

So, what should i do? Update it? Leave it?
    10-24-17 12:41 PM
    If you have a wifi source, go Settings/Software Updates/check for updates and see if you have an OTA update waiting. I would at the very least update to 10.3.2.xxxx over your 10.2.1.
    10-24-17 12:58 PM
    Sadly that also says i have the latest version, i tried both wifi and 4G but same result...
    10-24-17 01:03 PM
    Sadly that also says i have the latest version, i tried both wifi and 4G but same result...
    Ok, if that's the case (unusual as it is), I would download an autoloader onto a PC then install to your Q5. The links are here: https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...rchive-943672/ . You can choose either the Mega or Google Drive links to get to the autoloader repositories . Choose the Q10 autoloader (same as Q5 1.4 GB file) and download then unzip the file to your PC desktop. Attach your Q5 to the PC with usb and then click on the .exe autoloader file. It will take about 15 minutes or so to complete. Then you can set up your accounts/email etc. Good Luck!
    10-24-17 01:15 PM
    No need to update if everything's working fine.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." 😀
    10-24-17 01:48 PM
    Ok, if that's the case (unusual as it is), I would download an autoloader onto a PC then install to your Q5. The links are here: https://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-l...rchive-943672/ . You can choose either the Mega or Google Drive links to get to the autoloader repositories . Choose the Q10 autoloader (same as Q5 1.4 GB file) and download then unzip the file to your PC desktop. Attach your Q5 to the PC with usb and then click on the .exe autoloader file. It will take about 15 minutes or so to complete. Then you can set up your accounts/email etc. Good Luck!
    I've updated the phone. It booted fine right after the update, i did some configuration and decided to reboot it again.
    For some reason it seems to be stuck at the "blackberry" boot screen thingy... The phone responds to waking up with the lock button but it doesn't seem to fully boot now... Am i just impatient and is this normal or is something wrong? :/ It has been more than 5 minutes now btw.
    10-24-17 02:40 PM
    I've updated the phone. It booted fine right after the update, i did some configuration and decided to reboot it again.
    For some reason it seems to be stuck at the "blackberry" boot screen thingy... The phone responds to waking up with the lock button but it doesn't seem to fully boot now... Am i just impatient and is this normal or is something wrong? :/ It has been more than 5 minutes now btw.
    Hold the power button down for about 15 seconds or until you see the LED flash red then let go. Hopefully the reboot should take care of it.
    10-24-17 03:59 PM
    Hold the power button down for about 15 seconds or until you see the LED flash red then let go. Hopefully the reboot should take care of it.
    Thanks! The blackberry screen disappeared after the reboot after just a few seconds and it booted fine. For now everything is fine but i still have 1 small question. There's a button between the volume buttons, is it possible to change the function of it? It now opens the assistant but i don't really feel the need to use it...
    10-24-17 04:14 PM
    Thanks! The blackberry screen disappeared after the reboot after just a few seconds and it booted fine. For now everything is fine but i still have 1 small question. There's a button between the volume buttons, is it possible to change the function of it? It now opens the assistant but i don't really feel the need to use it...
    10-24-17 04:14 PM
    That button is also a pause play button for the native music app. The function of that button can only be changed with a 3rd party app such as "doo" (which is a great app by the way) or others from BBW app store.
    samcool55 likes this.
    10-24-17 04:34 PM
    Damn I actuallt just got mine today too. But mines stuck on 10.1. I already tried the sim card, bb link, WiFi, etc. I tried installing the q10 10.3.2 autoloader but my computer restarts every time
    10-24-17 08:21 PM
    Damn I actuallt just got mine today too. But mines stuck on 10.1. I already tried the sim card, bb link, WiFi, etc. I tried installing the q10 10.3.2 autoloader but my computer restarts every time
    Out of memory error?
    10-24-17 08:29 PM
    No actually I haven't put anything on there. I know it has 4.4 Gb of memory tho.
    10-24-17 08:37 PM
    Ok so I got the autoloader downloaded (I used mega) and extracted it but now it won't read the program. It says it's not compatible. Am I doing something wrong??
    10-24-17 09:03 PM
    Ok so I got the autoloader downloaded (I used mega) and extracted it but now it won't read the program. It says it's not compatible. Am I doing something wrong??
    What did you extract it with?

And the "out of memory error" bit was because, if I remember correctly, autoloaders are loaded into system RAM first, which can overwhelm some computers.
    10-24-17 09:09 PM
    I used 9zip. It's saying it's not compatible because of the publisher. I tried following the steps it has on the autoloader post. I used the very last file on BB OS 10.3.2
    10-24-17 09:15 PM
    Ok so I have it running but it will fail everything I try to autoload it. Am it suppose to have my device off or on when I run the autoloader?
    10-24-17 10:31 PM
    Ok so I have it running but it will fail everything I try to autoload it. Am it suppose to have my device off or on when I run the autoloader?
    Just leave your phone on. The screen can be black but leave it on. Are you sure that you have the correct autoloader for your device?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-17 11:24 PM
    Well I used the BB10.3.2.858 for BBQ10 since apparently it was the one update att released. Mine is an unlocked att bbq5. I checked the tutorials and I've just read a lot of different ways to do it. One says to turn it off and plug into the computer. One says to turn it off right when you click the .exe file
    10-24-17 11:34 PM
    I used the autoloader from the link in this thread

EDIT: I figured it out. I just used an auto loader from the blackberry dev website.
    Last edited by Chucho15; 10-25-17 at 02:35 AM.
    10-24-17 11:51 PM