So I've completed my quest to own every single bb10 device (not every single variant but I own all 4 devices).

I had been holding off from getting the Q5 b/c I didn't see the point of owning two qwerty devices...but the Red Q5 was too much to resist lol.

Anyways, as someone coming from the Q10 I have to admit, I was a bit hesitant at first b/c it's well know the 10 has the more "premium" keyboard - but I have to say, the clicky Q5 keyboard is so addicting and satisfying to use!

Surprised not more people are using it!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:30 AM
    I know what you mean. I've always been keen on the red devices myself, and the Q5 feels so slim and light. I'm tempted too...
    02-16-14 09:43 AM
    Man!!! I want a Q5 Reminds me of the old Curve 85xx series. Is it as light feeling as it looks?
    02-16-14 09:47 AM
    Mecca,
    Yeah, it's probably the most "pocketable" BB 10 device. The closest comparison for Q5 vs. Q10 that I can think of is an 8330 vs. a 9630. Similar height and width, but thinner and lighter.
    02-16-14 10:14 AM
    It's funny as my daughter has a red Q5 and you should hear her rattle off messages to her friends on BBM. It's quite something to listen to!

She can also do that spelling error free while looking at me. She tells me none of her school mates can beat her when it comes to speed of typing and accuracy.

It is really interesting to see how the younger generation has no clue about how good these keyboard phones are especially as all they really do is message these days.

Another thing worth noting is the Q5 is indestructible. She has dropped her phone numerous times and it has not missed a beat. iPhone and Android phones do not fair so well.

Oh and one other thing. Another kid in her class just got a red Q5. Love it!!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-16-14 12:57 PM
    Nobody can beat your daughter's Q5, I believe. It looks really cool (referring to the other thread where you posted pictures of the modded device)!

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    02-16-14 02:41 PM
    Thanks very much. She absolutely loves it!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    02-16-14 03:00 PM
    Yes clicky keyboards put the crack in Crackberry... it's music to the long time BlackBerry user. not implying the bold keyboards are any less addictive to use, but the clicking feels and sounds great. ironic that BlackBerry physical keyboards are slower to type on than the BlackBerry touchscreen keyboards but still way faster than doing so on any other touchscreen phone's keyboard. BlackBerry has the best of both keyboards

Posted via Crack-friggin-berry Z10
    02-21-14 03:47 AM
    By judging from my short hands-on on several store displays, I also have to say the Q5s keyboard is very tempting. And this again is from a day-one Q10 user. The additional spacing is comfortable, the clicky keys are quite decent and a pleasure to use. They don't really feel cheap at all, unlike some people who believe they would. Last but not least there is a rising number of Q10 users which suffer from the "double typing" problem, so far I have yet to read from a single Q5 user suffering from this very problem.

If my Q10 would break today, I'd actually really think about getting a (red) Q5 myself instead of another Q10.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-21-14 12:08 PM
    The 'classic' Curve keyboard had a lot of fans... and this is it. plus BlackBerry 10.which rocks!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 01:28 AM