I've been having a problem today with my Q5. When I booted it up this morning, the screen immediately went dark and was unresponsive. No big deal, just reboot and the screen is fine. After the first reboot though, the browser would never load webpages. I have 4G LTE voice/data on. Even the webpages that loaded yesterday didn't load. I reboot again and now the names of my contacts don't show. Only the numbers. My Q5 is only a year old. Should I consider a new phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 10:18 AM
    Steps to try first:

Hard reboot - hold volume up/down keys together until phone reboots.

Remove the SD card (if installed) and see if this fixes things. If so, could be your SD card going bad that is causing this.

If these both fail, backup your SMS and other files held on the phone, and security wipe your phone.

If none of the above fixes the problem, then reload the OS onto the phone using BlackBerry Link or an autoloader (Windows PC or Mac with Internet connection required).

Given the age of your phone, it's unlikely to be the phone hardware itself, unless it's been in water or similar?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 12:55 PM
    Steps to try first:

Hard reboot - hold volume up/down keys together until phone reboots.

Remove the SD card (if installed) and see if this fixes things. If so, could be your SD card going bad that is causing this.

If these both fail, backup your SMS and other files held on the phone, and security wipe your phone.

If none of the above fixes the problem, then reload the OS onto the phone using BlackBerry Link or an autoloader (Windows PC or Mac with Internet connection required).

Given the age of your phone, it's unlikely to be the phone hardware itself, unless it's been in water or similar?

Posted via CB10
    The hard reboot worked, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 09:37 AM