I just got the Q5 today, love it sofar!didnt want to give up the 9900bold but the battery had other ideas. Anyway what are these mirco/mirca SIMs? Can I not put any contacts on it? Is everythg now just to be saved to the phone. Are other phones going this way? Feels odd not being to have anythg on the SIM.
    10-29-13 05:04 PM
    SIMs are getting smaller alongside components. A MicroSIM works just the same as a regular SIM (including contact storage), and, in fact, is a standard-size SIM but with less plastic.

Which means that a steady hand and a sharp knife (or a cutter, or a carrier shop with a cutter) can give you a MicroSIM.

How to cut your own micro-SIM card | How To - CNET
    10-29-13 05:13 PM
    I can't put more than one contact on it at the moment. Is there away around it?
    10-29-13 06:03 PM
    How old is the SIM?
    10-29-13 06:06 PM
    I can't put more than one contact on it at the moment. Is there away around it?
    It's also possible you cut it wrong. Just to be safe, contact your network provider and ask them for a new MicroSim. You might as well because most phones are in fact now providing slots only for MicroSim. You can also go to any electronic shop and have them cut it for you if you happen to have a spare SIM lying around.
    10-30-13 12:19 AM
    It's brand new mirco SIM came with the phone by the network. Old SIM has been deactivated by the network.
    faheem sofi likes this.
    10-30-13 04:25 AM
    It's brand new mirco SIM came with the phone by the network. Old SIM has been deactivated by the network.
    Maybe you've inserted in incorrectly. Try removing and inserting again, then double check if you can save multiple contacts on the SIM or not. I've never personally heard of this problem, and it doesn't make sense. So make sure.
    If you're still facing issues, contact your network provider and ask them for a replacement SIM.
    10-30-13 11:44 PM
    Micro Sim?-img_00000020.png

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 01:45 AM
    You do know that if you have a Gmail account, you can save your contacts in that right? Then all you have to do is add that Gmail account to your phone. Now you have all your contacts synced with your phone, soon as you add that account.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:10 AM
    AFAIK, contacts on a SIM are stored on the physical card and replacement SIM will not have any contacts, so you will have to manually transfer them from another phone that can read the old SIM.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 11:05 AM
    Just add contacts to a Gmail account, save them in Gmail, add the Gmail account on your device. All your contacts will be on your phone then.

No need to save any contacts to a sim card. That's the hard way to do things......

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:14 PM
    Just add contacts to a Gmail account, save them in Gmail, add the Gmail account on your device. All your contacts will be on your phone then.

No need to save any contacts to a sim card. That's the hard way to do things......

Posted via CB10
    Only if you want Google to have all your contacts info and if you have a Google account. I keep all important contacts on sim so at anytime whether the phone breaks or just switching phones I still have my emergency #s. Just remember to put a sim lock on it so no one else get get access if you loose your phone. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:52 PM
    Only if you want Google to have all your contacts info and if you have a Google account. I keep all important contacts on sim so at anytime whether the phone breaks or just switching phones I still have my emergency #s. Just remember to put a sim lock on it so no one else get get access if you loose your phone. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    I use Outlook.com.

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-06-13 09:15 PM
    If you currently have a Bold 9900, you can use Blackberry Link or maybe even BB Protect to transfer the contacts.

SIM card contacts is basically a legacy feature and is barely supported now. And iirc sim contacts are limited to a simple name and one number.
    11-08-13 12:03 PM