Looking forward to the 9900 Bold size with BB10 performance.

I was torn between the Q10 and Q5. The look of the white with black Keys looked awesome. So I ordered the black and red keys to change it up.

Losing the 99 was a sad day but it use pushed me to move on.

This will be my second phone with my Classic.

Please post your tips and comments.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    08-21-15 08:18 AM
    Congratulations!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-21-15 08:25 AM
    Hi, congrats on your Q5. Here I got one for my daughter who was Iphone fixated. Luckily the Q5 has been a success and she is happy using it. All or most of the gaming apps have been relegated to her Ipod and the Q5 gets carried everywhere she goes. Personally I try to use some times because I find the form factor very attractive. Quite shocking to see the Q5 price differences between the black one (most expensive), white,red and pink (least expensive).
    Cheers!

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    Mr4aces, awindsr and anon(5597702) like this.
    08-21-15 08:43 AM
    I'm having buyers remorse.

Upgraded to th ATT Classic 20 days ago spent $550 w/accessories now I pulled the trigger for another $150. That is $700 in in 20 days.

I have always wanted a P9983 if I return or cancel I would have $700 towards the P9983. Cancel one phone line and save $500 per month. That would pay for a $1k Porcshe P9983

Comments?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:45 AM
    Hi Mr4aces, congratulations on the Q5. I don't think you will be disappointed with it unless you care about the 2 weakness I mentioned before. I've always want the 9983 but the price stopped me as I was hoping BlackBerry would make the perfect device, which doesn't seemed to be happening if they are heading to Android. That being said, keep me posted on you thoughts of the 9983, especially how the keys feel vs your 9900 and the white Q5 that is coming and also the weight. You might just convince me to finally get one. Keep us all posted. Enjoy you new toys that are on the way; how exciting!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-21-15 12:00 PM
    Congrats.....to the underrated blackberry....great little device and best of all it has no double typing issue...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 02:06 PM
    Buyers Remorse.

Bought a P9983 Graphic just now $900.00
    Can you be my dad for a day? I'll take the Passport Silver, please and thank you!

The P9983 looks really cool; I love that clock face!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-21-15 03:07 PM
    Damn bro. You felt remorse for buying a Q5 so you got a P9983 instead? That makes no sense to me but hey, hope you enjoy it!!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-21-15 09:49 PM
    Hahahaha! Hi Mr4aces. I can't stop laughing as that is exactly what I was thinking. But I can't blame you for like that phone if you want something that very few have. I would have seriously considered buying one if the keys respond like the Q5 (which I doubt, but I never touched one to know but I hope so for you since you bought one) and that it had an LCD screen instead of the amoled screen. If it did, it would be in my hands already. Hopefully, if you aren't happy with it, that you can send it back. If you do, try the Q5 as you will be pleasantly surprised that it might just become your favorite BlackBerry 10 device to date; it is for me. Enjoy your new phone when you get it and let us know the final verdict once you had a chance to play with it.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-22-15 03:05 PM
    Hahahaha! Hi Mr4aces. I can't stop laughing as that is exactly what I was thinking. But I can't blame you for like that phone if you want something that very few have. I would have seriously considered buying one if the keys respond like the Q5 (which I doubt, but I never touched one to know but I hope so for you since you bought one) and that it had an LCD screen instead of the amoled screen. If it did, it would be in my hands already. Hopefully, if you aren't happy with it, that you can send it back. If you do, try the Q5 as you will be pleasantly surprised that it might just become your favorite BlackBerry 10 device to date; it is for me. Enjoy your new phone when you get it and let us know the final verdict once you had a chance to play with it.

Posted via CB10
    I have changed my mind 4 times on this. I cancelled the Porcshe at 5am and reordered the Q5. The more I read about the Slider's OS it makes me wonder if BB10 will be abandoned like they did with BB7 and the Bold 9900. Since I was part of that, I didn't want to be struck with a $1k phone instead of a $150 Q5.

I suspect you will need 3gb of RAM to run the latest OS leaving anything with 2gb high and dry because the specs won't handle the BB10/Droid OS.

That being said for the future BlackBerry phones to work using the latest OS 3gb will be the minimum and 4gb the standard.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-23-15 at 04:24 PM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-22-15 05:22 PM
    Hi Mr4aces, congratulations on choosing a Q5 it's an underrated device I have one that was bought to see if it could replace our business 9900's, it was rejected so I have it at home for personal use, it's still on 10.2 the battery lasts a full day and no double typing after two years and it came with a Blackberry hard shell case a worthwhile extra, hope you enjoy using it, sorry to here you lost your 9900, I would be lost without mine.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-23-15 03:43 PM
    Hi Mr4aces, congratulations on choosing a Q5 it's an underrated device I have one that was bought to see if it could replace our business 9900's, it was rejected so I have it at home for personal use, it's still on 10.2 the battery lasts a full day and no double typing after two years and it came with a Blackberry hard shell case a worthwhile extra, hope you enjoy using it, sorry to here you lost your 9900, I would be lost without mine.
    Hello Allan,
    Well after having a SQC100-4 for 7 months I "thought" I must have the wireless charging (SQC100-2). After activating the 9900 I discovered how much I loved the size and the functionality. The Classic is a little heavy not to have a hard case and holster for me. So by the time you are done there's another $100+ worth of accessories just to have a little bigger screen.

I almost bought another 99, but the battery pulls gets a little old and there is no telling when BIS will no longer be available. So I opted for the Q5 because of the double typing issues on the Q10.

I don't think I would have lost the 9900 if I would have been carrying it in my pocket and not in a holster. I only started using a holster this past month only because of the familiarity of using one with the Classic. I drive a car that requires me to take the holsters off when I'm driving, so I have a bad habit of taking the (2) holsters off and carrying them.

Simplicity is what I'm going back to. No big battery chargers, holsters and one phone. The addiction is over.
    Just ordered a white Q5 from Amazon!-img_20150807_122223.jpg

All this talk about the OS is so confusing. Nobody really knows what is going to happen to the BB10OS and I didn't want to be holding a $1k phone (P9983) that is outdated after only 6 months of use.

I will have to learn to use this phone without the track pad.

If anybody has any "do's or don't" please post. Would love to hear from the BB community.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-23-15 at 04:57 PM.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    08-23-15 04:23 PM
    Congratulations on your purchase I also had a white q5 for a while only thing I would recommend is get a case. The phone feels better with a case the q5 is my only bb10 device with a pkb that doesn't double type (pp,classic,q10) all double type especially the q10 really bad. Oh and get a memory card as well so you don't use up the the little memory it comes with.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-23-15 05:26 PM
    Congratulations on your purchase I also had a white q5 for a while only thing I would recommend is get a case. The phone feels better with a case the q5 is my only bb10 device with a pkb that doesn't double type (pp,classic,q10) all double type especially the q10 really bad. Oh and get a memory card as well so you don't use up the the little memory it comes with.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the advise. I just hope the "feel" of the keyboard is good.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 06:06 PM
    Thanks for the advise. I just hope the "feel" of the keyboard is good.

Posted via CB10
    So you are back to the Q5?
    I have one. But I never use it because after having a Z30 screen or even a 9810 screen it's hard to go back to a small square screen.

But I love the feel of the Q5 keys. It doesn't have the double typing issues of other models either.

Z10STL100-3 /10.3.1.2576 / T-Mobile USA
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-23-15 06:12 PM
    So you are back to the Q5?
    I have one. But I never use it because after having a Z30 screen or even a 9810 screen it's hard to go back to a small square screen.

But I love the feel of the Q5 keys. It doesn't have the double typing issues of other models either.

Z10STL100-3 /10.3.1.2576 / T-Mobile USA
    Yes Q5 and 32gb SD being delivered tomorrow.

Might take some time to be fast on the Q5 I will seee what happens.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 06:24 PM
    I have committed to this BlackBerry Q5 as my "go to" phone for the foreseeable future because it does all the basic things well and most of all it doesn't double type.

I have 2 of them and use it heavily for my business and my life.

As mentioned previously, get a case. My favorite is the Amzer soft shell with the textured sides for excellent grip. The extra weight also makes a big difference. Not expensive but so worth it.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain and Mr4aces like this.
    08-23-15 06:50 PM
    I have changed my mind 4 times on this. I cancelled the Porcshe at 5am and reordered the Q5. The more I read about the Slider's OS it makes me wonder if BB10 will be abandoned like they did with BB7 and the Bold 9900. Since I was part of that, I didn't want to be struck with a $1k phone instead of a $150 Q5.

I suspect you will need 3gb of RAM to run the latest OS leaving anything with 2gb high and dry because the specs won't handle the BB10/Droid OS.

That being said for the future BlackBerry phones to work using the latest OS 3gb will be the minimum and 4gb the standard.
    At this point I wouldn't want to "invest" too much into a platform that is "seems" might have been left behind.

And too be honest... while the Porsche is distinctive. It's still just a pieces of technology that is getting rather old. So I think you made the right call with the Q5.
    08-24-15 11:19 AM
    I'm having buyers remorse.

Upgraded to th ATT Classic 20 days ago spent $550 w/accessories now I pulled the trigger for another $150. That is $700 in in 20 days.

I have always wanted a P9983 if I return or cancel I would have $700 towards the P9983. Cancel one phone line and save $500 per month. That would pay for a $1k Porcshe P9983

Comments?

Posted via CB10
    Currently you can get Porsche P9983 for almost $1000 so go for it. You mean $500/year, no? Still if you already sunked $700 in BlackBerry gear which you can fully recover I would go for it.
    With Porsche you will have designer phone for next 3-5 years.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 12:26 PM
    Currently you can get Porsche P9983 for almost $1000 so go for it. You mean $500/year, no? Still if you already sunked $700 in BlackBerry gear which you can fully recover I would go for it.
    With Porsche you will have designer phone for next 3-5 years.

Posted via CB10
    That is exactly how I was thinking!

After one year it paid for itself by eliminating 1 phone line.

The only thing is if BlackBerry abandons BB10 like they did with BB7 the phones life is less and the OS obsolete

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 12:44 PM
    This is true, however the system would be in maintenance mode for at least a year. I was MeeGo owner in past, so from experience I would count on community to keep it alive for next year or two.
    Economically, you shouldn't count sunken costs, so you should evaluate purchase cost the $300 vs useful life of the Porsche.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-24-15 01:48 PM
    Hi Mr4aces, if BB10 follows BBOS7 and is in maintenance mode the phones will still work, I have Q5/Z10/Z30/9900 and enjoy using them, I never think how much i have spent on devices but how useful they have been,
    if you would like to have a Porsche P9983 and at $1000 that is a good price they are dearer where i live,
    go for it the P9983 looks good, trying to convince myself to buy the P9983 but would need to buy a Porsche 911 to go with it.
    08-24-15 03:15 PM
    I just received my Q5 SQR100-1 everything is in Spanish?

All the written instructions in Spanish.
    Changed to phone to English.
    Did I order the wrong model?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-24-15 at 09:10 PM.
    08-24-15 08:54 PM
    This phone came with 10.1.0.

Rofl. Is this what loyal BlackBerry users had when it first came out?

Loading 2339 now.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:10 PM
    Hi Mr4aces. Nope. You got the right one. Especially if your using on Tmobile but it will work fine on ATT too. That is the OS version mine came with. Just put an auto loader of your choice of the OS version you want. I put the latest 10.3.1.2744 and it is working great. There is an OTA update for 10.3.2 but I didn't want that yet due to no turning back if your not happy how it is running. If you don't want to be bothered with the constant update your OS or ignore, I figure out a way to prevent this. Just let me know and I will give the instructions. Have fun with your new phone. I hope you like it.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:50 PM
36 12