20 bux and wow this device is fantastic. It's feels better than the Q10. And even better than the classic to be honest. It's so compact and light weight. I don't use apps so no issue and the small storage doesn't effect me either. I'm going to sell my classic today for 100 got a deal in place and I may sell the Q10 or keep it as a back up. The Q5 is a fantastic little device I can see why people still use it.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-05-18 10:20 AM
    Glad it meets your needs....

I remember when it launched, many a PEARL owner liked the smaller format.... few carriers wanted three BlackBerry's so the Q5 got dropped.
    02-05-18 10:39 AM
    Glad it meets your needs....

I remember when it launched, many a PEARL owner liked the smaller format.... few carriers wanted three BlackBerry's so the Q5 got dropped.
    Yeah I literally never even heard of this device until a few days ago when I saw it for sale on kijiji

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 11:14 AM
    How are you finding the browser? I actually got a second hand red Q5 a while back for only $20.

I booted it up the other day to play with and I found the browser to be nearly unusable due to the slowness.
    02-05-18 02:36 PM
    How are you finding the browser? I actually got a second hand red Q5 a while back for only $20.

I booted it up the other day to play with and I found the browser to be nearly unusable due to the slowness.
    Won't recognize my sim..using a adaptor and it was fine. It was locked to rogers and it was asking for a lock code. Now it's not and it says the network is unlocked but it doesn't recognize my sim. Any ideas anyone?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 03:18 PM
    Won't recognize my sim..using a adaptor and it was fine. It was locked to rogers and it was asking for a lock code. Now it's not and it says the network is unlocked but it doesn't recognize my sim. Any ideas anyone?

Posted via CB10
    What provider do you have? Rogers? It should work if it was asking for an unlock code. Is it saying no service or no Sim detected?
    02-05-18 03:23 PM
    I'm with bell. It was locked to rogers. It says a sim card isn't detected.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 03:26 PM
    And it doesn't give me the option to put a code in. Cause it says the network is unlocked

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 03:26 PM
    Posted via CB10

Can't attach a pic for some reason. Well this sux lol. Oh well only spend 20 bux
    02-05-18 03:27 PM
    What provider do you have? Rogers? It should work if it was asking for an unlock code. Is it saying no service or no Sim detected?
    I'm gonna try doing a software update see if that helps

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 03:30 PM
    Posted via CB10

Can't attach a pic for some reason. Well this sux lol. Oh well only spend 20 bux
    I suggest installing an old version of the android cb forums apk instead of the bb10 version. Did it ever ask for an unlock code? If so, then I you know the phone is detecting the Sim. It's just about trying to fit it in I guess.
    02-05-18 03:30 PM
    I suggest installing an old version of the android cb forums apk instead of the bb10 version. Did it ever ask for an unlock code? If so, then I you know the phone is detecting the Sim. It's just about trying to fit it in I guess.
    I think I remember it asking for one. Women I bought it from said it was locked to rogers. The micro sim adaptor fits in snuggly and I hear the click. I use the same adaptor on the Q10 and it works great

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 03:31 PM
    I think I remember it asking for one. Women I bought it from said it was locked to rogers. The micro sim adaptor fits in snuggly and I hear the click. I use the same adaptor on the Q10 and it works great

Posted via CB10
    Try a reboot? Hard to say. I assume you are using a nano to mini adapter. If it showed the unlock code it is working.
    02-05-18 03:34 PM
    Yeah I got a nano sim card. Before I got the unlock code from the guy I remember it asking for a code..now I put my sim in and it says the network is unlocked but I never put the code in

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 03:35 PM
    Try a reboot? Hard to say. I assume you are using a nano to mini adapter. If it showed the unlock code it is working.
    Just doing a security wipe see if this works

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 03:36 PM
    Yeah I got a nano sim card. Before I got the unlock code from the guy I remember it asking for a code..now I put my sim in and it says the network is unlocked but I never put the code in

Posted via CB10
    Only think I can say is try a new Sim. Sorry man! It would have only asked for an unlock code if you had a sim in it before.
    02-05-18 03:37 PM
    Just doing a security wipe see if this works

Posted via CB10
    Keep it in and see if it detects during the setup
    02-05-18 03:39 PM
    Keep it in and see if it detects during the setup
    Yeah ill try that..no biggy if it doesn't work only 20 bones

Posted via CB10
    02-05-18 03:42 PM
    Could be a damaged SIM slot. The Q5 uses the same SIM slot as Z30 and those were very prone to failure. Especially when an adapter is used.
    02-05-18 05:35 PM
    I bought a used unlocked Q5 a few years ago and had a similar issue. I went back and forth with the seller, and we couldn't figure it out. I did a security wipe and reloaded the OS, and voila! It recognized my SIM card and worked fine for the remainder of the time I had it. Hopefully something similar will work for you.
    02-05-18 08:27 PM
    20 bux and wow this device is fantastic. It's feels better than the Q10. And even better than the classic to be honest. It's so compact and light weight. I don't use apps so no issue and the small storage doesn't effect me either. I'm going to sell my classic today for 100 got a deal in place and I may sell the Q10 or keep it as a back up. The Q5 is a fantastic little device I can see why people still use it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I like it's light weight and size. I wouldn't mind seeing an Android version with the same form factor if possible.
    05-02-18 12:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Still use mine as a backup device, but for daily full time use the limited storage and flaky gps cause issues. It is too bad: had things been different it would have been great to see another iteration of this.
    05-11-18 06:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Congrats.

The Q5 and Z3 are the two most underrated and under appreciated BB10 devices Imo...

Send from my Blackberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-16-18 05:25 AM
    I know right? I just recently switched back to BlackBerry after running with a Galaxy S5 and I'm all nostalgic. I got the Q5 the day it came out in Canada and I loved every inch of it!

It's a great little phone; surprisingly durable too.
    06-04-18 11:24 PM
    It is a great device. Still use mine. Now alternating with a Q10.

The downside is it is slippery (get a thin case) and the Gps is weak.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    06-05-18 06:42 AM
27 12