I use my Q5 for Internet browsing and Gmail. It's always worked fine. I've never liked the touch screen keyboard, so I want to hang on to my Q5 as long as I can.
    Obviously, the Q5 is on the BlackBerry OS. Increasingly, I am finding that many websites or parts of websites have stopped working for me.
    For instance, ebay started to tell me I was using an unsupported browser. If found selecting the classic version over mobile sorted that out.
    My question is, will there be a time when I won't be able to use my Q5 on the internet?
    Another question, is there a work around for this?
    02-23-19 06:48 AM
    I use my Q5 for Internet browsing and Gmail. It's always worked fine. I've never liked the touch screen keyboard, so I want to hang on to my Q5 as long as I can.
    Obviously, the Q5 is on the BlackBerry OS. Increasingly, I am finding that many websites or parts of websites have stopped working for me.
    For instance, ebay started to tell me I was using an unsupported browser. If found selecting the classic version over mobile sorted that out.
    My question is, will there be a time when I won't be able to use my Q5 on the internet?
    Use Kiwi browser for sites that don't play well with the native browser.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/geomet...-apk-download/

I don't think the Internet will just stop working, but it will continue to degrade slowly until you've had enough.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-23-19 09:11 AM
    I'll try Kiwi, I tried Opera Mini and it was sooooo sloooow I couldn't use it.
    Am I right in thinking it's the BlackBerry OS that's doing it? Or rather the BlackBerry browser?
    02-23-19 09:57 AM
    I'll try Kiwi, I tried Opera Mini and it was sooooo sloooow I couldn't use it.
    Am I right in thinking it's the BlackBerry OS that's doing it? Or rather the BlackBerry browser?
    Both. Much of the browser is actually integrated into the OS itself.
    02-23-19 10:04 AM
    I'm trying kiwi now (not on the forum). I got as far as changing my password on Linkedin, then the notification came up that it 'works better on the app' and that's it. I can't get rid of the popup, and I know the app doesn't work on the Q5.
    Any suggestions?
    02-23-19 10:19 AM
    I'm trying kiwi now (not on the forum). I got as far as changing my password on Linkedin, then the notification came up that it 'works better on the app' and that's it. I can't get rid of the popup, and I know the app doesn't work on the Q5.
    Any suggestions?
    Use desktop mode.
    02-23-19 10:20 AM
    Ah, it might have been the connection. It seems to be working now. Thanks.
    02-23-19 10:22 AM
    I can't see a link to desktop, I would rather use that.
    02-23-19 10:24 AM
    This kiwi browser support Pwa apps?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-19 01:20 PM
    This kiwi browser support Pwa apps?

Posted via CB10
    It's a full, up-to-date chromium browser. So, I would imagine so.
    02-23-19 01:30 PM
    At some point, when the Q5 breathes it's last breath, remember the Key2 LE, it should then serve you well...
    02-23-19 05:20 PM
    Isn't the Key2 on android? That's the other good thing about the Q5......
    02-24-19 05:50 AM
    Yes, but there’s no PKB iOS device. I suggested the cheaper LE version merely because it’s the closest solution remaining with a PKB that’s future proof at this point.
    02-24-19 06:54 AM
    Hey Fred,

The Key2 is indeed on Android, but Blackberry Limited is unfortunately no longer making BB10 devices. It is the built-in Blackberry browser (being depreciated) that is causing your issues, but as conite has pointed out there are other browsers available to mitigate that problem.

To answer your original question, there will not be a time when you cannot use your Q5 on the Internet, assuming your carrier does not drop support for the underlying cellular bands being used, and there are a number of workarounds for BB10-related issues. Just ask if you're having trouble and we'll help out.
    02-24-19 09:53 PM