I am intrigued at the prospect of owning a Red Q5 to go alongside with my Red Passport. Sometimes the Passport can be TOO and I don't need it for every day use. It would be nice to flip flop between the two or maybe sell/trade the PP and keep the Q as my daily driver.

I have a couple of questions that I hope the Crackberry community can help me out with.

I know the sim cards are different. Has anyone successfully found a good adapter to be able to switch between the two devices?

Does the battery last a full day? I don't need almost 3 days like the PP but I can't do a couple of hours like I had with the Z10. I just use my phone for calls texts emails and some Web browsing. I'm not a power user by any means.

I know I could run a search and try to read all the forums, but I wanted to start a new thread as it seems the Q5 forums and it will be easier if I could the responses in one thread.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    08-29-15 06:27 PM
    I have a Passport SE and a Q5 and I LOVE the Q5! I use the Q5 most of the time during the week and on the go. It has fantastic battery life...always easily gets me through a full day, no problem (sometimes 2 days) and it is light as a feather.

I have two SIMs (one in each size) so I don't have a good adapter to recommend, but I am sure others will be around to chime in soon.

I highly recommend the Q...you will love it!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:37 PM
    In agreement as said, the Q5 has really good battery life.

I recommend disabling all unwanted security permissions in apps unless you really need these permissions to be active. And turning off battery draining apps you don't really need. Also disable swipe to wake. Otherwise these all take their toll on any phone's battery life.

I easily have 40 % left after a heavy day of business use.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    08-29-15 08:55 PM
    I have a Passport SE and a Q5 and I LOVE the Q5! I use the Q5 most of the time during the week and on the go. It has fantastic battery life...always easily gets me through a full day, no problem (sometimes 2 days) and it is light as a feather.

I have two SIMs (one in each size) so I don't have a good adapter to recommend, but I am sure others will be around to chime in soon.

I highly recommend the Q...you will love it!

Posted via CB10
    When you say you have two sims, do you have two different lines or do you switch your number and coverage back and forth to the different sim cards?

I hope that question makes sense

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    08-29-15 08:59 PM
    When you say you have two sims, do you have two different lines or do you switch your number and coverage back and forth to the different sim cards?

I hope that question makes sense.
    I have two separate lines (two numbers) one is for business (in the Q5) and the other is for fun/weekends (in the Passport SE).

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 09:05 PM
    Gotcha. Just wanted to be sure.

Can't wait to have the red Q5 alongside my red Passport.

08-29-15 09:07 PM
    In agreement as said, the Q5 has really good battery life.

I recommend disabling all unwanted security permissions in apps unless you really need these permissions to be active. And turning off battery draining apps you don't really need. Also disable swipe to wake. Otherwise these all take their toll on any phone's battery life.

I easily have 40 % left after a heavy day of business use.

Posted via CB10
    That's amazing. Like I said before, I'm not a super user by any means but want a phone that lasts from when I get up at 8 with my son until the uncertain time I get off of working the night shift at my job.

If it can do that I'll be ok.

08-29-15 09:11 PM
    Q5 battery is great. No worries there.

Great little phone and I think it looks great in pink or red. It is a little slippery so you may want to get a skin on it to improve grip.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 05:31 PM
    I have a white Q5 to go along with my White Z30. To me it's the best work/play combination.

Of course a Passport/Slider would work just as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 06:17 PM
    Q5 battery is great. No worries there.

Great little phone and I think it looks great in pink or red. It is a little slippery so you may want to get a skin on it to improve grip.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely. I always use cases with my phones. I don't care how durable they are marketed.
    08-31-15 06:25 PM
    I have a white Q5 to go along with my White Z30. To me it's the best work/play combination.

Of course a Passport/Slider would work just as well.

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome. I'm thinking the Q5 with my iPad will be awesome and then when I only need to carry a single device, the passport.
    08-31-15 06:26 PM
    Q5's a great all around phone, for sure. I'll join others have already reported on the great battery life.

Slippery back aside, it is a durable phone, even though it was marketed as a budget BB -- it's easy on the wallet but doesn't compromise in quality! Just throw on a slim Amzer case or BB shell with some grip and you're off to the races. In general, the phone just "feels" right in the hand; perfect size, nice screen, and the keyboard is wonderful. Some may critique the "clickiness" but I like feeling that my keystroke registers.

Unfortunately I can't speak to your SIM card/adapter question, sorry.

Can't say enough good things about this phone! I think for your purposes it'll be a great choice.
    09-01-15 10:08 AM
    Q5's a great all around phone, for sure. I'll join others have already reported on the great battery life.

Slippery back aside, it is a durable phone, even though it was marketed as a budget BB -- it's easy on the wallet but doesn't compromise in quality! Just throw on a slim Amzer case or BB shell with some grip and you're off to the races. In general, the phone just "feels" right in the hand; perfect size, nice screen, and the keyboard is wonderful. Some may critique the "clickiness" but I like feeling that my keystroke registers.

Unfortunately I can't speak to your SIM card/adapter question, sorry.

Can't say enough good things about this phone! I think for your purposes it'll be a great choice.
    Thank you so much. I'm trying to figure out the adapter situation before committing to buying.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-01-15 10:15 AM
    Thank you so much. I'm trying to figure out the adapter situation before committing to buying.
    I simply 3D printed sim adapter(s) and it is working like a charm, regularly switching between PP and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:46 AM
    09-05-15 12:16 AM
    I was eyeing the red Q5 a couple of weeks ago but chose the white one.

You can never go wrong with the Q5. Nothing bad that I can say about it.

UI is smooth
    awindsr likes this.
    09-05-15 08:00 AM