I came back to BlackBerry for the Passport, but also picked up a Q5 when it was on sale. I keep coming back to the Q5 as I like the small size. The passport is just too big and unwieldy for me despite the far better performance and screen.

I keep wondering if I should try the classic but apart from a bit larger screen, Q10 specs and the toolbelt I wonder if it's worth it.

Anyone else who has used both the Q5 and Classic extensively have an opinion? Is battery life much better on the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:29 PM
    I much prefer the keyboard on the Classic compared to the Q5, I find that it's a lot more comfortable to type on, especially for extended periods of time. The screen is also clearer and brighter, and overall feels better in the hand compared to the Q5. It all comes down to your preference though and whether you think the cost is worth it to pick up the Classic.
    04-06-15 05:39 PM
    The 8gb on the Q5 is a bit tight. You will notice the faster 1.5ghz processor on the Classic too (compared to 1.2ghz).

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-06-15 05:45 PM
    Can only really speak for the Q5 but the Classic would give you bigger screen, video output, better wifi, slightly better battery, slightly better cpu, toolbelt, more internal storage, premium feel as benefits being more expensive and heavier as well. Did you consider the Q10? It's quite comparable and has a switchable battery.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-06-15 06:21 PM
    I'm using a Q5 now for the last week as my passport is away for repair. The Q5 is a nice device but I agree with the previous posters, the keyboard on the Q10, classic is much better. I bought a Q5 because it was cheap, I get what I paid for...I just want a classic now lol.
    04-06-15 06:27 PM
    I've been using the Q5 as my primary business phone for about 2 months. This is after mothballing the Q10 due to keyboard problems.

I seriously considered going for the Classic but I found it a little large and heavy for my style. Plus I already had the Q5 which I had bought on sale as a backup phone. So I decided to give the Q5 a chance.

The bottom line is I really like the Q5 for my needs :
    - no double typing !!!
    - easy to hold
    - very easy to type with one hand
    - the minimalist style suits me just fine
    - the performance is fine for my simple communication needs, mostly email and texts
    - better battery performance than Q10 in my experience

Yes the Classic specs are better. But the Q5 performance is more than good enough for me.

Important - I use a simple OEM soft case which has a textured finish and this adds just a little extra heft and tactile quality.

It's a great communication device that can do a lot. And I'm in no rush to get a Classic now purely on the basis of functionality, not price.

I'd say give the Q5 a shot, depending on your style of usage.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 07:25 PM
    I've been using the Q5 as my primary business phone for about 2 months. This is after mothballing the Q10 due to keyboard problems.

I seriously considered going for the Classic but I found it a little large and heavy for my style. Plus I already had the Q5 which I had bought on sale as a backup phone. So I decided to give the Q5 a chance.

The bottom line is I really like the Q5 for my needs :
    - no double typing !!!
    - easy to hold
    - very easy to type with one hand
    - the minimalist style suits me just fine
    - the performance is fine for my simple communication needs, mostly email and texts
    - better battery performance than Q10 in my experience

Yes the Classic specs are better. But the Q5 performance is more than good enough for me.

Important - I use a simple OEM soft case which has a textured finish and this adds just a little extra heft and tactile quality.

It's a great communication device that can do a lot. And I'm in no rush to get a Classic now purely on the basis of functionality, not price.

I'd say give the Q5 a shot, depending on your style of usage.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed with double_post. Given today's prices (Q5 heavily discounted) and the OS 10.3.1 support, I'd say go for the Q5. Only downside for me is the 8 gb.
    04-07-15 10:23 AM
    Im enjoying the q5 experience immensely. However Im constantly checking amazon for the classic drop in price. Sometimes I think im being immature wanting the latest and that stupid "premium" feel, but honestly, the q5 is perfect, all about it is just perfect, the keyboard, the design, battery life, size, call quality, speaker sound, screen, everything. Even the 8gb, I can get a sd card, problem solved.
    04-09-15 01:55 PM
    I second what he just said. Q5 in a case is enough for me. The more I use it the more I like it. (my usage is all business communication pretty much)

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:32 PM
    I am new Q5 user, used as a Z10 user. I miss the pkb. And it worth for what I'm paying for!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 12:16 PM