I have searched this topic for some time on the internet but I can't quite get any definite answers I am looking for. Gmail filters all messages in tabs (primary, social, promotions etc) but in blackberry I get all messages. I am only interested in the primary mails that I get(I get about hundreds of mails a day hardly 2 of them being important in primary tabs). In my previous android I could get the same tabbed system as in gmail from browser but in blackberry I see no options to set it up.

I tried setting up filters in bb with category primary but it doesn't quite work. As I result I now get 1 mail every minute, mails that I don't care about. I will be happy to get a solution to this problem. I am using q5 10.2.1
    11-19-14 03:14 AM
    I know that it's done from settings of gmail.. have a look there
    Attached Thumbnails How do I set up primary tabs of Gmail in BlackBerry Q5?-capture.png  
    Last edited by menshawy; 11-19-14 at 03:36 AM. Reason: I think this is what you was looking for
    11-19-14 03:26 AM
    I tried it, still not completely clear to me . Are you able to see the different categories in the mails in your blackberry ?
    11-19-14 12:26 PM
    Is there a solution to this? Plz help. I miss the Gmail app days most disappointing thing when I found out. I was not using a BlackBerry for a couple yrs.
    05-30-15 04:17 AM
    the above post is not the solution...the thing is, the "tabs" primary, social, and promotions are all a part of the "inbox" in gmail IMAP definitions. you could delete the tabs in your gmail settings via desktop, then the two would look the same. to get the desired function of not having all those emails on your phone, just start marking them as spam on the desktop. most of the "promotions" i get in email are just spam any way

not exactly a solution, and this has bugged me too. but i don't think theres another way...other posters in similar threads have pointed out this is a feature unique to gmail and probably will not be supported by third party email clients anytime soon. you would have the same experience in Outlook for instance
    11-18-15 01:53 PM
    I've been bothered by exactly this for the past 1.5 years on BB10. I've given up on finding a good solution.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 12:19 PM
    I feel you but the more I looked at my tabs on the desktop, the more I realized the "promotions " were just outright spam, and the "social" updates where things I get notified for in apps, so it's completely redundant. I think, for me, deleting the tabs and marking as spam is going to work. I just need to do it

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 09:31 AM
    I use my z10 for my primary phone and have the same issue with no resolution.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 04:55 PM