I'm trying to update to update my Q5 to 10.3.1 through BB link, but this wont recognise my device. Mass storage has been switched off. Blackberry link wont connect, nor is my device listed under 'My Computer'.
    I am using the Blackberry USB cable, the Q5 is charging when i plug it into my computer.

I previously had Blackberry Link working on my former desktop, running WinXP 64bit. Now i've tried 2 win7 workstations, both wont connect.

One did connect through the home WIFI, but this connection doesn't allow backups nor updates. When i switch wireless off in Link, i wasn't able to turn it on again..

I can think of only one difference between now and the previous Link connection (with winXP64): i have side loaded Snap to install APK files. Development mode has been set back to off since.

So far i have tried:

-Install Link

-Uninstall and re�nstall Link

-Install Blackberry USB drivers (uninstalled again)

-Switch telephone on and off while connected with USB to computer

-Restarted computers many times during in/unstall of software

Please help, i'm stuck.
    03-03-15 03:06 AM
    Nobody?

I can share the Link -log files if necessary...
    03-13-15 10:35 AM
    I've been using BB LInk v1.2.3.48 with Win 7-64bit and my Q5 with minimal issues. When I connect my phone I get a BlackBerry Device Manager pop-up from the System Tray. If I click on white triangle icon labelled "Show Hidden Icons" I can see the BlackBerry icon (white computer & black phone). If I double click on that icon it shows I'm using BlackBerry Device Manager 8.0.0.38. If I click on "Customize" I find an item labelled BlackBerryLink.helper which I have set to "Only show notifications".

I use BB Link to sync my Outlook contacts and calendar, to sync with iTunes, and to do backups. I tried updating my Q5 using BB Link, but didn't find an update available. I ended up using Sachesi, going through the whole process very carefully to install the original Software Release version 10.3.1 1581 and haven't had any issues with it. Hope this helps.
    03-15-15 02:27 PM
    It's been a while.. i gave up on the whole thing, until today.
    Still no connection through USB.. when i connect the phone, there's the BlackBerry device manager, but the 'Connected devices' -tab is empty :-(
    I installed the latest version of Link (with Blend), which doesn't help.
    'BlackBerry virtual network' is installed in my network devices, but i also have an unknown device listed...
    Windows can't detect drivers through internet.. maybe this should be the BB USB driver?
    06-19-15 10:08 AM
    When you plug the device into pc go to c drive and run the device set up, it should be visible you should see the BlackBerry icon,open and load drivers first.

Via The Mini Beast Z10
    06-20-15 04:52 PM
    Turn off 'charge only mode'

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 07:19 PM
    Turn off 'charge only mode'

Posted via CB10
    I'm using 10.2.1.3062 on a Q5... where can i find this setting?
    06-30-15 02:50 PM