Hi everyone,

I've been facing a weird issue lately: On my Q5, which I've been using without much trouble for about a year now, the mobile Youtube site doesn't work anymore. The only thing it does, no matter whether I access it via a link or the 'app' or directly in the browser, is load the red search bar on top. The content that's supposed to appear below that isn't displayed at all, instead there's the standard Youtube "Loading..." dotted circle. But nothing ever happens. Same if I look up a video directly. Loading indefinitely.

I've tried clearing cache, cookies and browser history to no effect. I've tried it on 4G and full Wifi, no difference. And I can't seem to find any solutions to the problem here or anywhere on the web. Hoped today's OS upgrade might fix this; it didn't.

The only way I was able to make it work is like this: Set the browser to desktop mode, open the desktop version of youtube (which works fine), open the video there, then switch back to the mobile version. It only plays the video preloaded on the desktop site, then, though! And since the desktop version is slow and clumsy to handle on a smartphone, I would really appreciate any ideas as to how to tackle this.

Cheers!
    09-08-15 02:32 PM
    Reinstall the OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 11:45 AM
    Or reinstall the app first and see if that helps. If not, then reload the OS

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 01:27 PM
    There's no app in question here. OP is referring to the Youtube mobile site.
    09-15-15 06:57 AM