12-21-13 02:37 PM
144 123 ...
tools
    I'm curious about the early adoption rate for the BlackBerry Q5 in the aftermath of the BlackBerry Board of Directors announcement.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    08-14-13 01:15 PM
    never seen any data on this at all. Might get some at the next earnings call but I doubt that too...
    08-14-13 01:16 PM
    At 400 per Q5 I doubt very good
    godsfantasy likes this.
    08-14-13 02:59 PM
    At 400 per Q5 I doubt very good
    The price is way off base for this smartphone despite its fairly good hardware specification. BlackBerry should have been willing to take a small loss on this smartphone in the short term to gain market traction with the youth market in the lead-up to back to school. My preferred pricing is CAD/USD250.00 off-contract and CAD/USD0.00 on a two-year contract. The lack of an HDMI port means the smartphone cannot be used for presentations or watching movies on an HDTV/monitor; this feature either falls into "must-have" or "nice-to-have luxury" depending upon the person.
    08-14-13 03:25 PM
    It's been out in canada for a day now, not a single on on Vancouver craigslist. One Canadian ebay asking 479 unlocked. Has 10. Hasn't sold a single one. An American seller sells quite a few at 389 unlocked. Judging by my totally lay persons observations I will assume it is a total flop. At least as far as canada is concerned. Probably the worst launch of a new bbry phone I've seen recently.
    What is even more troubling is all the people on cb who said they wish it was sold in Canada. And how they will buy it. And how the youth market will eat it up and I don't think I've seen anyone posting they bought one. I guess why buy junk base models for more than what the resale market sells sealed z10s for. Or when bbry is so stupid they announce the z30 months in advance killing pretty much all q/z sales too. It's actually alarming at how bad this bb10 is being rolled out.
    Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 04:24 PM
    "It's been out for a day and I can't find any selling used on ebay yet, so it's obviously a huge flop."

Talk about unrealistic expectations. Why would anyone buy the phone used on ebay for more than they can get them new in store?

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    08-14-13 07:56 PM
    It's been out in canada for a day now, not a single on on Vancouver craigslist. One Canadian ebay asking 479 unlocked. Has 10. Hasn't sold a single one. An American seller sells quite a few at 389 unlocked. Judging by my totally lay persons observations I will assume it is a total flop. At least as far as canada is concerned. Probably the worst launch of a new bbry phone I've seen recently.
    What is even more troubling is all the people on cb who said they wish it was sold in Canada. And how they will buy it. And how the youth market will eat it up and I don't think I've seen anyone posting they bought one. I guess why buy junk base models for more than what the resale market sells sealed z10s for. Or when bbry is so stupid they announce the z30 months in advance killing pretty much all q/z sales too. It's actually alarming at how bad this bb10 is being rolled out.
    Posted via CB10
    You may be right but to base it on the fact that there is none on craigslist after one day isn't really a true measure of success.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:59 PM
    I almost convinced a guy at Fido to buy one, but the saleswoman was like oh bb isn't that good, typing on bb keyboard gives you knuckle cancer (srsly?), and how unsuccessful bb is. However I went to Virgin mobile, and all the salesman/woman there owned a bb10 device as their phone! One even had the red q5 too! Looks like the carrier impacts bb's success...
    stevepar likes this.
    08-14-13 08:07 PM
    You may be right but to base it on the fact that there is none on craigslist after one day isn't really a true measure of success.

Posted via CB10
    It means nobody wants it. Even the z and q and every iPhone and Android has that type of activity. But i think the bigger issue is aside from junkies like us most people don't even know it is out.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:24 PM
    "It's been out for a day and I can't find any selling used on ebay yet, so it's obviously a huge flop."

Talk about unrealistic expectations. Why would anyone buy the phone used on ebay for more than they can get them new in store?

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    The ebay phones are brand new. And the reason why they would pay more os of they were hard to get. Hard to get because they were selling out or not available in say the US market. The z10 sold for a premium when it first came out.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:25 PM
    The ebay phones are brand new. And the reason why they would pay more os of they were hard to get. Hard to get because they were selling out or not available in say the US market. The z10 sold for a premium when it first came out.

Posted via CB10
    Ha! Damn it did. I bought my Z for 900 US unlocked.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-14-13 09:39 PM
    I paid 732 up here in canada. And it was locked. First day adopter fail.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:20 PM
    I went and picked one up today at Telus for my girlfriend and 2 people in front of us had just upgraded to the Q5. We were the 4th or 5th ones I think. We also checked out the red one at Virgin and they said they sold 2 or 3 so far, same with koodo. Anyway I think it's going to be a great seller here, already a great phone for the money and only going to get cheaper. Telus isn't putting it in the premium bracket either so no minimum $70 plan BS. I'm thinking of picking up a red one up eventually. The keyboard is way better than I expected and makes me miss my 9900!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 12:05 AM
    I don't know actual sales numbers but based on app downloads per device the Q5 is a major flop so far. Our numbers (like those of other developers, see Vast majority of BB 10 users still have no physical keyboard Ebscer News) show (paid) app downloads by Q5 users to be below 1% of total downloads.

Maybe Q5 users don't purchase/download apps. Or the device is not selling (could be because either no demand or no availability though).
    08-15-13 12:57 AM
    I don't know actual sales numbers but based on app downloads per device the Q5 is a major flop so far. Our numbers (like those of other developers, see Vast majority of BB 10 users still have no physical keyboard Ebscer News) show (paid) app downloads by Q5 users to be below 1% of total downloads.

Maybe Q5 users don't purchase/download apps. Or the device is not selling (could be because either no demand or no availability though).
    How did BlackBerry World app downloads compare during the first two days of the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 releases? Also, do downloads count apps already bought on the Z10 and then installed on the Q5? Just trying to understand the 1% figure you stated. Thanks.
    08-15-13 12:19 PM
    I am seeing them on eBay ,and they are selling
    particularly from this seller ( thepwrsellers )
    U.S though.
    08-15-13 05:43 PM
    It means nobody wants it.
    The people in the Q5 forum take exception to you calling them 'nobodies'
    08-15-13 05:46 PM
    My answer - and I believe it's 100% accurate ...

"Better than some phones, worse than other phones"

MasterOfBinary and andy957 like this.
    08-15-13 05:48 PM
    I don't think the Q5 launch and then the "up for sale" announcement a few weeks later was just a coincidence.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 05:57 PM
    Not well.

Something smells fishy

The mods are out in force tonight

What are you people up too, hehhhhhh
    08-15-13 06:02 PM
    I bought a red Q5 for my daugther today from Virgin...add that to the list of sales...LOL LOL
    How is the BlackBerry Q5 Selling?-img_00000618.jpg
    08-15-13 06:03 PM
    Q5 in Hong Kong Expansys site unlocked is US$374 (Black) to $412 (Red). The weird part is the Z10 (Black & White) is $406. Go figure.
    08-15-13 06:16 PM
    Havent heard any news about the sells since they came out. So who knows...
    08-15-13 07:42 PM
    It's been out in canada for a day now, not a single on on Vancouver craigslist.
    It's been out a whole day and there isn't one on the Craigslist in your city? OMG - the sky is falling!!! BlackBerry bankruptcy imminent! I didn't notice an ad for one on the board at my local super-market either! That must mean death and destruction for BlackBerry is imminent!

mk2234 likes this.
    08-15-13 09:12 PM
    I am seeing them on eBay ,and they are selling
    particularly from this seller ( thepwrsellers )
    U.S though.
    Sells for 370-390. Unlocked brand new. Cheaper than outright in canada. And they were at that price before the Canadian launch. That shows that demand must be low. Even though they sell quite a few

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:58 PM
144 123 ...