please i need help with update my OS for my Q5. I was trying to update my software but it says i should free some space on my device but i have a SD card on my phone that i use. when i check the device memory it says pictures,music,videos is 0mb but it says OTHER is 6GB . so how do i clear or delete what in the OTHER . so i can do my OS update. plss any help
    02-01-14 01:57 PM
    Other is generally all of your synced up emails and Android app data (if you have some installed).

Try updating through Link - generally this will install the update to the compute and apply it to the device rather than needing extra space on the device.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:25 PM
    I had the same problem. Connected the phone to the PC with BlackBerry link software. Opened the bbq5 in my computer, went to flash memory, selected all and did a cut and copy into my desktop in a new folder.

Initially does not copy all files. Skip whenever there is a question. Copy all the others and now you have the required space. Do the update, took me about half hour. And then did a cut and copy into the flash memory of the q5 from the new folder.

The battery now does not last all that long on the new update. Surely a 40% drop in performance.
    There are some cute features that r new. A new drop down quick settings menu which have new icons
    flashlight icon, brightness, notifications location) (gps)
    New incoming phone call screen with option to reject with sms or bbm. (should have also had a whatsapp option)
    New feature in mails with delete from hub or server option.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 01:13 AM