This was the info from WhatsApp support team,

If you have problems accessing WhatsApp on BlackBerry 10, please update to the latest version available in BlackBerry world.

WhatsApp will no longer be supported on BlackBerry 10 after December 31, 2017. As such, we no longer offer customer support for inquiries related to BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

Please refer to our FAQ articles for an answer to your query.

Thank you for being a loyal WhatsApp user. If you use a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, we recommend upgrading to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone before January 1, 2018 to continue using WhatsApp.

Please note, however, that WhatsApp will continue to support newer Android OS on BlackBerry devices. So if your current BlackBerry device operates on an Android OS, it will continue to be functional beyond December 31, 2017.
    12-09-17 12:38 AM
    Upgrade to an Android or iOS device for a flawless WhatsApp experience.
    12-09-17 12:40 AM
    So does it mean Q5 can't support whatsapp after2018 in any way..?
    12-09-17 12:57 AM
    Upgrade to an Android or iOS device for a flawless WhatsApp experience.
    12-09-17 02:56 AM
    Or update to another messenger, Or update your friends. Just send SMS or Call your friends. Comon guys, it's only whatsapp. I would never change my device just for using a messenger. Another solution is to download WhatsApp Android apk and whatsfixer and still use whatsapp After 31 december

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 09:18 AM
    Or update to another messenger, Or update your friends. Just send SMS or Call your friends. Comon guys, it's only whatsapp. I would never change my device just for using a messenger. Another solution is to download WhatsApp Android apk and whatsfixer and still use whatsapp After 31 december

Posted via CB10
    It's still easier, and more logical, to change your device to suit your workflow than it is to change your workflow (and everyone else's) to suit your device.
    Last edited by conite; 12-11-17 at 08:54 PM.
    12-11-17 09:20 AM
    It still easier, and more logical, to change your device to suit your workflow than it is to change your workflow (and everyone else's) to suit your device.
    Not everyone can afford to buy a new phone just to use a specific messenger service when their existing one works fine with universal standards.

Posted via CB10
    Manikandan M5 likes this.
    12-11-17 08:54 PM
    Not everyone can afford to buy a new phone just to use a specific messenger service when their existing one works fine with universal standards.

Posted via CB10
    We've known about WhatsApp for a year. It's not like anyone had to run out and buy a phone within 24hrs.

If WhatsApp isn't a big deal to you (it's not to me), then sure, switch to another service. But if everyone you know is on it, it's easier to make one person change instead of a hundred.
    12-11-17 08:57 PM
    We've known about WhatsApp for a year. It's not like anyone had to run out and buy a phone within 24hrs.

If WhatsApp isn't a big deal to you (it's not to me), then sure, switch to another service. But if everyone you know is on it, it's easier to make one person change instead of a hundred.
    I'm not sure that we did know about WhatsApp cuz twice now they extended it 6 months. For all one know, they could have extended it again, but apparently this isn't the case. Personally, I have never used it, but you are correct about being easier for one person to switch, although I would never switch a phone because a third party app didn't extend support. My reaction would be quite the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 09:10 PM
    I'm not sure that we did know about WhatsApp cuz twice now they extended it 6 months. For all one know, they could have extended it again, but apparently this isn't the case. Personally, I have never used it, but you are correct about being easier for one person to switch, although I would never switch a phone because a third party app didn't extend support. My reaction would be quite the opposite.

Posted via CB10

Here is all you need to know...

straight from the WhatsApp BB10 dev.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13089027
    12-11-17 09:30 PM
    01-15-18 06:01 PM