My brother has a Q5 with a Telus SIM card which is no longer paid up so no longer providing service.
    He is connected to his house's wifi and his home computer is connected to the internet but his phone does not seem to be reaching the internet to update his phone's clock or to use various apps like Gas Buddy.
    Is there something Telus is doing to prevent his internet access because he has a card that is not in service or what could be causing this?
    I walked him through a lot of things over the phone like making sure Airplane mode was turned off and making sure he was actually connected to the wifi network. We also checked that his location was turned on.
    On my Z30, I can connect to the internet without any SIM card in it and am wondering if somehow his non-paid up Telus card is the problem.
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated because I can't see the phone myself as I am 200 miles away.
    03-13-18 09:14 PM
    Did the phone ever work? Was it bought from a carrier, or a private sale?

Tell us more details please.
    03-14-18 02:58 PM
    Yes, it was working but he put it away for a while. Now he is trying to get the internet part working.
    03-16-18 07:21 AM
    It was bought privately and then he got a Telus SIM card.
    03-16-18 07:21 AM