Telus prepaid is on sale at Best Buy for $119. Can you use a SIM from Koodo on Tab in that phone or is unlocking required? I am planning in case my wet phone does not recover enough to use. Thank you for your help.
    04-24-15 07:38 AM
    You should be able to use a Koodo post-paid or prepaid SIM in the TELUS BlackBerry Q5 with no issues and no need to unlock beforehand, and vice versa (TELUS SIM in a Koodo device).
    04-24-15 09:51 AM
    Could I use a Telus NFC Sim in an unlocked Z10 on a Koodo prepaid plan? I would like to switch from Telus to the Koodo plan but their sims don't support nfc,
    04-24-15 04:55 PM
    Could I use a Telus NFC Sim in an unlocked Z10 on a Koodo prepaid plan? I would like to switch from Telus to the Koodo plan but their sims don't support nfc,
    Unfortunately not, TELUS' SIMs will not work with Koodo's service or vice versa. In addition Koodo's prepaid service requires a specific prepaid SIM, even their regular SIM cards that are used for postpaid services won't work on Koodo prepaid.
    Person421 likes this.
    04-25-15 06:03 AM
    Unfortunately not, TELUS' SIMs will not work with Koodo's service or vice versa. In addition Koodo's prepaid service requires a specific prepaid SIM, even their regular SIM cards that are used for postpaid services won't work on Koodo prepaid.
    I don't know where you got your info but for the last 5 month I have been using a Telus prepaid Q5 buy at future shop with my Koodoo sim card ! No problem since then except for the update to 10.3 that I've got OTA one month and a half after everyone.
    04-25-15 07:38 PM
    You can use a Koodo SIM in a TELUS phone and vice versa without issue, however the poster was asking if they could use a TELUS NFC SIM card in their phone with a Koodo prepaid plan attached to the SIM card. Since the SIMs are not interchangeable between brands, this wouldn't work.
    04-25-15 10:43 PM
    I don't know where you got your info but for the last 5 month I have been using a Telus prepaid Q5 buy at future shop with my Koodoo sim card ! No problem since then except for the update to 10.3 that I've got OTA one month and a half after everyone.
    I am successfully operating a Telus prepaid with Koodo sim too. What is your experience with 10.3.1 as this came with a version of 10.2. I am happy with the current version but interested in some of the upgrades and wondering about accepting the suggested update OTA or on Link to 10.3.1. Thanks for letting me know.
    04-26-15 05:07 AM
    I am successfully operating a Telus prepaid with Koodo sim too. What is your experience with 10.3.1 as this came with a version of 10.2. I am happy with the current version but interested in some of the upgrades and wondering about accepting the suggested update OTA or on Link to 10.3.1. Thanks for letting me know.
    I picked up the Q5 as a temporary phone and updated it to OS 10.3.1 right away, worked perfectly for the time that I had it -- my girlfriend uses it now and has no issues with it, currently running Software Release 10.3.1.1865 (OS 10.3.1.2708) as of the time this post was written and it works great for her.

I've also been using 10.3.1 on my Classic since purchasing it back in March and it hasn't let me down... so I'd recommend upgrading from 10.2 when you have the opportunity.
    04-26-15 10:40 AM
    If its not working; unlock it. My Wind Mobile sim works perfectly in it.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 12:18 PM