Hi,

Just wondering if the Q5 if capable of the following:

- Changing the conversation style in text messages (I preferred stripes mode when I had the bold series)
    - Accessing a virtual keyboard?
    - Changing the size of photos. Whenever I upload a photo to Facebook, it's huge...

Lastly, I have a problem with my contacts. I have it synced to Facebook, so perhaps that is why? Normally, I can add contacts fine, but I have a handful of people that I've added, then after completing the process, aren't in my contacts book. Oddly, if I compose a text message, and search their names, some of them are found. But still, there are a few that won't show up ANYWHERE. I've added them in again, but it never works. Is this a glitch with just my phone? If anyone can offer some insight, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    12-28-14 09:22 PM
    The contacts app is one of the downfalls of BB10, so welcome to the club of crying Hail Mary over it.

Did you link the contacts to the FB ones that existed before adding news ones?

As for your other questions, hopefully someone else can answer them!
    12-29-14 12:07 AM
    Not sure about changing the conversation style, think you can do it in BBM but not in text messages. I've tried the virtual keyboard think myself and I've found its not capable and even where it is (apps) it's not ethical (takes up whole screen). For photo re-sizing use the MockIt! Application. It's a photo editor that should do the job, if not there should be a couple other editors in BBW.

As for your contacts, a good tip going forward is not to let the contacts app handle your syncing. Do it yourself. The contacts app does need work but if you know what you're doing it can work in your favor. I'd say to reserve about a hour in your day to sit down and sort it out. I'll try and help you but if I don't explain something properly or rush too much feel free to ask me to re-explain. Also, bear in mind that im running the 10.3.1.1154 OS and I can't quite remember how 10.2.1 is laid out if that's what you have.

Head into your contacts and swipe down, press settings.
    Can I have a few general questions answered about the Q5?-img_20141230_141115.png

You should see something like this if you scroll down
    Can I have a few general questions answered about the Q5?-img_20141230_141237.png

What's listed there is essentially where you'd have various contacts stored. So you'll have some in Facebook, some locally stored, some on ur sim etc. Etc. The reason why you can't find some contacts is because you would've done a search while one of these settings were off and so contacts doesn't display them even though they are indeed there. Stupid, but that's the nature of the app.

However, if you're clever, you can make all the syncing work in your favour and end up having way more information about person as well as their phone number stored in your contacts, all laid out nicely with photo accompanied.

Contacts get stored in the wrong place because of the order they are linked. If you tap on any of your contacts you should see a link icon at the bottom (can't remember how it's laid out in 10.2.1, but it's definitely there), when you tap on the link it'll show you the various accounts linked to a name. The one at the top is the priority account, so if Facebook is at the top, the contact won't show in your contact list unless you turn Facebook accounts on from your settings.

Can I have a few general questions answered about the Q5?-img_20141230_142253.png

The image above shows various accounts I have linked to the University of Westminster. If I had the Twitter ones at the top I wouldn't be able to see Westminster numbers in my contacts unless I turn Twitter contacts on. So you're job really is to make sure any contact you save is saved to your LOCAL contacts first and linked to every other account afterwards.

Contacts are automatically saved locally when you switch all other accounts off in your settings, so that's what I do (as seen above). Then using the link button you can link other accounts, but if you have many Facebook friends and loads of twitter followers u probably want to turn on one other account at a time and link slowly.

It seems like a very long process but you only have to do it once. Start off with the most important people and do the rest as u travel to work or something.

I probably haven't explained this as clear as possible and there's probably steps I haven't mentioned that you'd want to know so feel free to ask... my fingers are tired.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-30-14 08:37 AM
    Mikey_NNG gave the most comprehensive response, I would have replied with a no, no, no, OS glitch :b

We cannot change the bubble style on Q5.

 Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154 
    12-30-14 01:24 PM