Hi

I've experienced the problem when my Q5's "Camera can't start" message is displayed several times previously but it only ever took a simple reboot (or two) to get it going again.

This time however nothing I've tried so far seems to be able to "reset" it !

I wonder if it might have something to do with the Torch / Flashlight as I was using that the other night and perhaps it has upset the phone somehow ? I mention this because according to Blackberry Virtual Expert when I attempt to do the "Camera Flash" test it says : "The camera or the flashlight is currently in [use]". So I downloaded a "TaskManager" app but it says there are no background apps running. Now however when I touch the "Torch" symbol in my "Quick Settings" nothing happens !

I've tried most solutions to get the camera going again that I've been able to track down via Google / Crackberry / Device Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums but I'm loathed to do a full reload (factory reset) until I've exhausted ALL other courses of action ... including :

1) Hold the up / down volume buttons until Restart
    2) Do restart then quickly go to Video and try starting camera from there
    3) Many power offs then wait then on
    4) Lots of reboots

Oh and incidentally there are NO sideloaded apps at all.

Also, via Settings ---> App Manager ---> "application permissions" screen ---> Camera ; I've Denied access to the Camera except for Virtual Expert just in case but this seems to have made no difference either.

Any suggestions gratefully received as it appears I'll have to go for a "Factory Reset" or have it replaced under Warranty otherwise ...
    08-06-14 05:40 PM
    I've read that Android apps can cause this issue. Do you have any installed? I'm not talking about "Side loading ", I mean directly installed.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 05:49 PM
    I've read that Android apps can cause this issue. Do you have any installed? I'm not talking about "Side loading ", I mean directly installed. Posted via CB10
    No, none.
    08-06-14 05:54 PM
    Same problem. Fixed restoring with BBLink the OS + restoring Backup + sideloading 10.2.1.1925 camera .bar file.
    ClearBlueSkies likes this.
    08-07-14 05:57 PM
    Same problem. Fixed restoring with BBLink the OS + restoring Backup + sideloading 10.2.1.1925 camera .bar file.
    Hi smart

Well my restore of the OS via BB Link didn't work so now I'm considering what you've said : "sideloading 10.2.1.1925 camera .bar file" - is that the most recent .bar file do you happen to know ?

At this point I'll try anything before I have to send it back under warranty ...

Thanks !
    08-09-14 12:06 PM
    Hi smart

Well my restore of the OS via BB Link didn't work so now I'm considering what you've said : "sideloading 10.2.1.1925 camera .bar file" - is that the most recent .bar file do you happen to know ?

At this point I'll try anything before I have to send it back under warranty ...

Thanks !
    I don't believe it is the latest, but it was the one I got on my hard disk :-P If you cannot restore through BBlink you can try to install an autoloader (look on the forum for links and guide). But anyway I suggest you to try to sideload the camera bar first!
    Remember: Put development mode on, link your BlackBerry to the pc, download the file and install it through google chrome ;-) Turn off the development mode,restart and voila
    ClearBlueSkies likes this.
    08-09-14 01:03 PM
    I don't believe it is the latest, but it was the one I got on my hard disk :-P If you cannot restore through BBlink you can try to install an autoloader (look on the forum for links and guide). But anyway I suggest you to try to sideload the camera bar first!
    Remember: Put development mode on, link your BlackBerry to the pc, download the file and install it through google chrome ;-) Turn off the development mode,restart and voila
    oh well looks like I've got to send it back under warranty next week ... nevermind !

Thanks though, I loaded the Camera BAR file via the Chrome "App Manager" extension with no trouble at all, did a restart and ... nothing has changed lol - the camera and torch continue to be "broke" so-to-speak.

Back to the manufacturer with you dammit
    08-09-14 01:56 PM
    oh well looks like I've got to send it back under warranty next week ... nevermind !

Thanks though, I loaded the Camera BAR file via the Chrome "App Manager" extension with no trouble at all, did a restart and ... nothing has changed lol - the camera and torch continue to be "broke" so-to-speak.

Back to the manufacturer with you dammit
    :-( I am sorry I couldn't help!
    08-09-14 05:26 PM