Hi all

Managed to get hold of a brand new Q5 off eBay for £30 (~$40) - should be delivered tomorrow.

Going to keep this thread updated with how I get on with it.

Looking forward to getting back into BB10, and using a PKB again.

Going to be using it as my main phone, looking to get away from Android and have a digital detox, so fingers crossed it meets my needs.

Any tips from fellow Q5 users?
    07-09-18 05:12 AM
    Enjoy your Q5...
    07-09-18 07:46 AM
    Great little phone. I use the Q10 now but enjoyed the Q5. We can give tips depending on what you want to do with it, of course. My advice would be to get a micro SD card if you want to have a lot of pics/vids/docs on there. Internal memory is small.

Also, to keep the battery life at its fullest potential, keep the Android sideloads off of it, but sounds like that'll be compatible with your goal of a digital detox. Enjoy your new phone!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-18 04:23 PM
    Update #1 : The phone I was sent had the SIM card tray issue. Out of the box two of the four SIM pins were bent backwards, so I've had to request a return. I didn't even had the chance to power it up!
    07-11-18 02:12 AM
    Ugh. That's unacceptable for a seller who advertises it as brand new.

Will you get a replacement?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-18 02:28 PM
    I loved my red Q5. The keyboard was deliciously clicky.

I'm on a Q10 now, which is my favorite physical keyboard device ever. But I'll always remember my Q5 fondly.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    07-11-18 06:04 PM
    I too am using a Q10 more so than my 5 recently as the GPS is way better on the 10 for exercise tracking.

The 5 is great though. Love clicking on that keyboard. Get an sd card for music/photos and a thin case because the 5 is slippery. I think mine is Amzer brand and it is great.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-18 12:38 AM
    Update #2 : to be fair to the seller, the phone was definitely still new, the factory seal had not been broken, it was definitely a manufacturing fault, which makes me wonder how it got through quality control in the first place?

Anyway, the seller doesn't have any more available, so its a straight refund.

I've decided to get a Classic from Amazon instead. Hopefully I have better luck with this...
    07-12-18 01:36 AM
    Update #2 : to be fair to the seller, the phone was definitely still new, the factory seal had not been broken, it was definitely a manufacturing fault, which makes me wonder how it got through quality control in the first place?

I've decided to get a Classic from Amazon instead. Hopefully I have better luck with this...
    Good idea. The q5 has hardly any internal storage space. You'll be much happier with the Classic.
    07-12-18 03:17 AM

I tried the Classic, but I still like the Q10 better. I prefer the smaller, more "palmable" size, the replaceable battery, and the USB port being on the side instead of the bottom.
    07-12-18 05:48 PM