This is an ongoing thing with all my emails:

For example, I had to refresh my hub's emails tonight at 12:59 and then my new emails came in saying they were in my hub at 12:22.

I have two hotmail accounts, one Gmail and one yahoo account as well. I have them set to push emails, but the push is quite evidently not there.

The only way to get my emails promptly is to continually refresh the Hub constantly.

Would a sync of 24 hrs on some of the accounts be doing this?

Not impressed at all with Blackberry's "push" feature.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5.
    05-10-15 12:05 AM
    There is no push feature. It all depends on the email providers to push.

Go back into your account settings, and make sure that "use push if possible" is set to ON. Along with anything else you may have set on a 24 sync.

Work Wide and Prosper
    05-10-15 12:11 AM
    The so called Push feature is the use of a technology (called IMAP IDLE) which comes from the servers. The IMAP servers must provide this, the IMAP server must send the Push notification, otherwise your BB device can't use anything. There are hundreds of mail servers supporting this and working fine. My mail server sends a Push notification in a few seconds after he got a new mail message.

Any other technology uses cyclic polling. Your device sends a request to all your servers and checks the answer if there is something new, again and again, all the day long. This works (with some delay) but causes a lot of network traffic and consequently also battery drain.

If your IMAP server supports IMAP IDLE you should use it by switching Push ON and setting the update interval to "Manually", this is a much better solution.
    Katika99 likes this.
    05-10-15 02:12 AM