I had no access to a PC initially so about 100 apps needed removed but it kept asking for more space.

When I did update via a PC it was buggy and although I fixed most it finds my wifi signal too weak to connect (from 5m away through the wall). It also failed to connect to hotels' (etc) wifi.

So no wifi, but it will connect to an android phone 90cm away.

As this was unviable I stopped using it hoping for an update fix (now on 10.3.1.1779).

Attempts to update fail saying "Server temporarily" (exactly).

How long is the warranty on the Q5 as I don't feel it's my job to waste days on the school project that is BlackBerry updates?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 04:56 AM
    Backup, wipe, restore, update.

Posted from q10, excuse me for not having any typos.
    05-15-15 05:03 AM
    Use an autoloader. Back-up everything first because an autoloader will wipe the device. Don't rely on OTA updates.
    05-15-15 10:40 PM
    I had no access to a PC initially so about 100 apps needed removed but it kept asking for more space.

When I did update via a PC it was buggy and although I fixed most it finds my wifi signal too weak to connect (from 5m away through the wall). It also failed to connect to hotels' (etc) wifi.

So no wifi, but it will connect to an android phone 90cm away.

As this was unviable I stopped using it hoping for an update fix (now on 10.3.1.1779).

Attempts to update fail saying "Server temporarily" (exactly).

How long is the warranty on the Q5 as I don't feel it's my job to waste days on the school project that is BlackBerry updates?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is not a school project.
    Post-graduate, maybe.

BlackBerry functions in a certain non-ideal way and any issues should be solution-focused than ranting-about-issue-focused (tbh, all issues should be dealt this way). ANYHOO, the installation size is larger than the file size itself and BlackBerry Q5's 8GB internal memory does not help. Hence, adding to Post No. 2 and 3:

- Back-up your phone using Link (optional: back-up using Ultimate Back-up as well)
    - Download
    https://mega.co.nz/#!wxhBSAbS!-QXrrg...E3X5DDMfAlESG4
    - Extract and run while keeping your phone attached to the system. Do not disconnect in the middle. Do it only when the window automatically closes (the text says 100% completed or what-nots)
    - Your phone will be as good as new
    - Do a selective restore of media, contacts (if it's not synced through email) and notes. A complete restore more often than not causes issues so it's better with autoloader.
    05-16-15 03:01 AM
    Ugh. All this for just a simple update.

Not a school project... It's a (mad) scientist's project.

Posted from an ME173X
    05-16-15 04:03 AM
    Ugh. All this for just a simple update.

Not a school project... It's a (mad) scientist's project.

Posted from an ME173X
    Of course. Where's the fun if a simple update updates simply? Huh? Huh? Huh?!
    lift likes this.
    05-16-15 07:17 AM
    Using an autoloader is really quick and easy. Just make sure anything you need to keep is backed-up because the autoloader wipes the device. I always use autoloaders because you hear way too many horror stories about over the air updates.
    05-16-15 12:03 PM