Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help as im close to throwing my phone. I woke up yesterday morning and my phone would not switch on and a red light was flashing 3 times on it in a reptetitive pattern. I tried charging it and it didnt work. I installed blackberry link software to try and reset the phone and that won't work as it says it can't communicate with the phone.
    When I finally did manage to grab a connection it asked me to switch my phone off when it's already off and it went no further than that and now blackberry link cant find a connection with it again.

I cant take the back off the phone to take the battery out, I have tried holding the on/off button down 20 seconds and ive tried holding the volume up and down button at the same time for 20 seconds (whilst on charge)

what can i do?
    04-29-14 04:26 AM
    Sounds like you might have a problem with the power cycle. I've experienced it with my Z10. I had to plug it into a wall socket for a couple of minutes, take it off the charger for a couple of minutes and repeat the process a few times. Then hold down the power button and try to restart your device.

You might want to search the forums for additional information on power cycling. There have been a good number of discussions about this issue. By the way battery pulling doesn't work on BlackBerry 10 devices, at least not well. So don't worry about not being able to pull the battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 05:40 AM
    I encountered this twice and both of them are software related: 1) corrupted OS, 2) incompatible radio file. You can try re loading your OS via autoloader and see how it goes.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    04-29-14 05:48 AM
    Thanks guys, I will try the battery cycling thing.

I am actually attempting to wipe the os and put on a new one, however everytime I connect the blackberry up to my laptop via usb it keeps connecting and disconnecting every 5 seconds which is making it difficult (impossible) for the BBSAK to pick it up
    04-29-14 06:10 AM
    Kindly report in when you fixed it, we would love to know

04-29-14 06:12 AM
    Yeah that's the issue, It isnt picking up thaat the device is connected to the laptop (nether desktop manager or BBSAK)
    04-29-14 06:22 AM
    Desktop Manager is for OS 7 BBs. Has BBSAK detected your device before? How about BlackBerry Link?

04-29-14 06:31 AM
    I've only just installed the BBSAK and it won't pick it up. Blackberry link detects it for 4 seconds then disconnects. When I plug in the USB a light on the phone goes green and thats when BB link detects it, then 4 seconds later it disconects itself and a light on the phone goes red
    04-29-14 06:34 AM
    I've only just installed the BBSAK and it won't pick it up. Blackberry link detects it for 4 seconds then disconnects. When I plug in the USB a light on the phone goes green and thats when BB link detects it, then 4 seconds later it disconects itself and a light on the phone goes red
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought BBSAK only works for legacy devices. About the green LED, I only encounter it when I'm installing an OS via autoloader and when the device is turned OFF and fully charged. Have you tried reloading your OS?

04-29-14 06:48 AM
    How do you reload your OS?

I can't switch the phone on at all
    04-29-14 06:51 AM
    Download the appropriate autoloader for your device. You can find it here at the forums, by the way. Connect your device and run the autoloader by double clicking it. Normally, it should detect your phone, and the green LED will illuminate. Know that this method will wipe data from your device (device only, SD card excluded).

04-29-14 06:55 AM
    I have just followed the advice and downloaded the OS autoloader, run the file and yes it connects and green light comes up then it all dissapears and the phone resumes black to flashing red again
    04-29-14 07:17 AM
    I have just followed the advice and downloaded the OS autoloader, run the file and yes it connects and green light comes up then it all dissapears and the phone resumes black to flashing red again
    Now that is weird. I hope some people would chime in. I would suggest bringing it to a service center. Is the device still on warranty?

04-29-14 07:20 AM
    I just tried on a different laptop and the same issue.

It seems like it's been nuked

The fundamental problem with the Nuked Berry scenario is that because the device is stuck in a permanent reboot sequence or loop, when you attach it your computer via USB cable it simply connects and disconnects over and over and over again (youll just keep hearing that USB detected/unplugged noise) as the BlackBerry turns on/off. This makes using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software to reload your OS impossible as the device is only detected for a couple of seconds before the device shuts off (and is now undetected).
    04-29-14 08:41 AM
    I am certain this is a stupid question, but you have tried more than 1 usb cord have you not?
    If not, guess what I would try next.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 10:57 AM
    I am certain this is a stupid question, but you have tried more than 1 usb cord have you not?
    If not, guess what I would try next.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and are you charging the device with the supplied Blackberry charger?
    04-29-14 04:07 PM
    I have only used one USB lead that come with the phone
    04-30-14 07:00 AM
    If it happens to not be fully functional there is your problem. For the price of a new one it is the first thing I would try.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 09:11 AM