Hi guys and gals.

Following problem:

My Blackberry said, that I am running low on internal storage. I opened the ES Data Explorer and discoverd that there was a File that I've downloaded earlier, and which had like 1,4 GB. After deleting it, (yes, I emptied the paper bin as well) in ES Explorer, it told my that I got now these 1,4 GB more on free storage.

So far so good.

The blackberry settings still tell me that I'm running low on storage (only 800 MB free). Now the interesting part: It told me that there are like 1,4 GB of User Data, and that the System takes around 2,5 GB. Now after deleting this big file, User Date is at 21MB, but the System all of the sudden uses 4,07GB.

Why is it like that, and how can I get free storage now?

Thank You in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Q5 storage-img_20180908_215717.png  
    09-08-18 02:59 PM
    When did you last reload the OS? Provided you don't mind reloading your apps and settings from scratch, that should get you back to a stable OS and minimal system storage use. Use an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-18 10:06 AM
    Hi guys and gals.

Following problem:

My Blackberry said, that I am running low on internal storage. I opened the ES Data Explorer and discoverd that there was a File that I've downloaded earlier, and which had like 1,4 GB. After deleting it, (yes, I emptied the paper bin as well) in ES Explorer, it told my that I got now these 1,4 GB more on free storage.

So far so good.

The blackberry settings still tell me that I'm running low on storage (only 800 MB free). Now the interesting part: It told me that there are like 1,4 GB of User Data, and that the System takes around 2,5 GB. Now after deleting this big file, User Date is at 21MB, but the System all of the sudden uses 4,07GB.

Why is it like that, and how can I get free storage now?

Thank You in advance.
    Anywhere between 3.5 to 6GB is typical for System storage.
    09-09-18 10:32 AM