Www.gsmarena.com

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone
    05-15-13 04:58 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up. And yes, I totally agree about what you're saying regarding the price. If this is marketed as a low end 'budget' BlackBerry, then it should be priced accordingly.
    This isn't truly a low-end bb10 device, this is more like a bb10 version of a 9360 or 9790 when those came out, the actual low end for BB is still the bb7 devices like a 9320.
    05-15-13 07:38 AM
    What's the GPU in the Z10 and Q10?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 08:49 AM
    Most of the specs seem logical for a lower end device but I don't really get dropping the 8 megapixel rear camera. Taking pictures is a vital aspect of the smart phone market, don't appear to limit that ability for your low end consumers.

Everything else is good, this phone is not meant for business users so the non-removable battery seems like a non-issue.
    05-15-13 09:57 AM
    If Apple is rumored to soon market a $99 smartphone, it seems that BBRY should not charge more either. If they charge more ($350-$400) there's no competition. But maybe the rumored $350-400 does not carry a mandatory 'x' year contract.

They should also be able to sell this model in North America and not just in Africa, Asia and other "third world" countries.
    That rumour has been around for years. Don't invest much into it.

Also I just played with the q5. It's really nice. Absolutely no lag, it's butter smooth.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 10:39 AM
    From what I see, the BlackBerry Q5 Specs will most likely :

CPU = Dual Core Cortex ARM A9 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4

RAM = 2GB DDR3

GPU = Adreno 225

Internal Storage = 8GB, expandable by MicroSD slot up to 64GB

Screen = 3.1 inch Capacitive Touchscreen TFT LCD 720x720 pixels (~328ppi)

Network/Connectivity = 2G/3G/4G, Bluetooth 4.0LE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS, NFC(?)

Back camera = 5 MP Autofocus + LED Flash, Geotagging, 1080p video rec.

Front camera = 2 MP, 720p video rec.

Battery : 2180 mAh Non removable

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    This sounds about right

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:23 AM
    What's the GPU in the Z10 and Q10?

Posted via CB10
    For the Z10 with the TI OMAP 4470 it's the PowerVR SGX544

For the Z10 with the Snapdragon S4 Plus processor it's the Adreno 225 GPU

For all Q10 Models (I believe there is no OMAP variant) It's the Adreno 225 GPU

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:26 AM
    Most of the specs seem logical for a lower end device but I don't really get dropping the 8 megapixel rear camera. Taking pictures is a vital aspect of the smart phone market, don't appear to limit that ability for your low end consumers.
    The odds are that they needed to do two main things with this model, make enough of a gap between it and the q10 and at the same time reduce as many costs as they could across the board in order for it to be financially viable to launch a lower-end bb10 device this early in the life of the platform, so while changes to the camera, dropping the hdmi and so on were not big savings on their own they all added up to enough to make this device possible.
    grover5 likes this.
    05-15-13 02:11 PM
    [QUOTE=a2k5uae;8483260]GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...

So according to the specs from gsmarena it say's RADIO TBD. Does this mean it has built in FM radio? If it is, this is AWESOME! Fm radio is important for most people.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    Last edited by Michael Parasdas; 05-16-13 at 01:07 AM.
    05-16-13 12:49 AM
    [QUOTE=Michael Parasdas;8490219]
    GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...

So according to the specs from gsmarena it say's RADIO TBD. Does this mean it has built in FM radio? If it is, this is AWESOME! Fm radio is important for most people.

TBD means To Be Determined, so it's still unclear whether it will have radio or not. Personally it's safer to assume that it doesn't come with one, unless proven otherwise. Just keep fingers crossed for that.

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    Michael Parasdas likes this.
    05-16-13 02:45 AM
    I bought this phone a month ago. Awesome screen size, camera, processor, memory space as well as battery. So I just wanna say that bb Q5 has all features whatever we want in a phone....
    05-16-13 06:03 AM
    [QUOTE=Michael Parasdas;8490219]
    GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...

Usually, by radio, they mean cellular radio. Unless GSM arena uses another term for that.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:34 AM
    Im getting one probably the pink one collectors edition/weekend phone just cause its really nice looking phone its got some strange retro vibe.Maybe its my fashion side talking I always want a look no ones got not many will rock the q5 so will be nice edition.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 05-16-13 at 05:48 PM.
    grover5 likes this.
    05-16-13 05:28 PM
    I bought this phone a month ago. Awesome screen size, camera, processor, memory space as well as battery. So I just wanna say that bb Q5 has all features whatever we want in a phone....
    How can you buy it when it hasnt been released yet???!!!
    05-16-13 05:46 PM
    [QUOTE=The Me;8492643]

Usually, by radio, they mean cellular radio. Unless GSM arena uses another term for that.

Posted via CB10
    I sure do hope that the radio mentioned is the FM radio...They have it in some of the Curves and this is like the new Curve with a BB10 OS so they better have it. LOL!
    05-16-13 05:49 PM
    I sure do hope that the radio mentioned is the FM radio...They have it in some of the Curves and this is like the new Curve with a BB10 OS so they better have it. LOL!
    The curves that had it were not using a qualcomm chipset, so we probably won't see one on this either.
    05-17-13 07:05 AM
    I paid nothing here in T-Mobile Germany for my upgrade to my z10 but if had to it would have been 90? , im guessing it depends on the plan. Mine is 30?/month with unlimited data,feee texts,120min free on all carriers (which I barely use) and many more.

I am guessing it would be cheaper than that, but then again like I said, it is plan related.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:06 PM
42 12