I bought my very new Warid LTE sim but it is not working in my BB10. According to the shop owner he said that blackberry Q-5 next released version support LTE not this one. But in my networks it says 4g,3g,2g. What's the problem I'm facing now? Is the shop owner correct or some other fault?
    Blackberry Q-5: LTE not supporting... need help-img_20150212_235138.png
    Blackberry Q-5: LTE not supporting... need help-img_20150212_235125.png

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 01:01 PM
    Maybe different band? Try to type myver.
    02-12-15 01:09 PM
    Yes, post your hardware and software versions (by typing myver). Someone should be able to tell you if the phone supports the bands that your provider uses.
    02-12-15 01:14 PM
    I bought my very new Warid LTE sim but it is not working in my BB10. According to the shop owner he said that blackberry Q-5 next released version support LTE not this one. But in my networks it says 4g,3g,2g. What's the problem I'm facing now? Is the shop owner correct or some other fault?
    Faiq, the shopkeeper's an idjit as are the majority (I'm just being nice) of Pakistani mobile shop owners. I am assuming you have the SQR 100-2 and it supports 4G (type myver and press space to know which model you have).

OS updates have nothing to do with radio versions. If you provide more details, Raino - house radio expert will be able to help you better. We have had an extensive discussion on 4G in the thread titled '4G on Z30' (or something similar) and both Zong's and Warid's 4G works on BB10 devices.

Tested devices in that thread was Zong on Q5 (mine) and Warid on Z30 and Passport (dosten's).

Edit: have you done a restart of the device? And have you tested on other devices?
    It is displaying SOS which it shouldn't, at least a 3g in small letters should come up even when a device isn't 4G compatible.
    02-12-15 01:40 PM
    Maybe there is no problem at all? On my carrier, o2 GER, LTE connections are always displayed as 4G on my BB10 phones. On my Lumia 1020, it is displayed as LTE. However LTE works just fine and as it should be on my BlackBerry devices. Actually when I got the nano SIM for my Passport, the phone refused to display 4G at all. I called my carrier and they quickly noticed my new SIM wasn't enabled for their LTE network. They changed something in their system and one day later I had my 4G display back.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 01:51 AM
    Maybe there is no problem at all? On my carrier, o2 GER, LTE connections are always displayed as 4G on my BB10 phones. On my Lumia 1020, it is displayed as LTE. However LTE works just fine and as it should be on my BlackBerry devices. Actually when I got the nano SIM for my Passport, the phone refused to display 4G at all. I called my carrier and they quickly noticed my new SIM wasn't enabled for their LTE network. They changed something in their system and one day later I had my 4G display back.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, we discussed 4G provisioning for individual SIMs and devices but that doesn't happen in Pakistan. When a user called a carrier's service centre, they said the process is done by the back-office or for the ease of understanding 'blanket provisioning' of all devices.
    02-13-15 02:07 AM