bought a Q5 5 days back in India. In many ways I am disappointed. there are still a lot of bugs. I downloaded 10.2.1 immediately. I dont know if its the problem with the phone but battery life worse than my old curve. 3 hours of texting on bbm over edge brings down the battery to 50%. the camera app crashes too much. I am not sure how many of u have felt this but I feel that opening apps is a second or two slower than BBOS. My curve never ever lagged in opening bbm or whatsapp and used to open both in the touch of a button. If blackberry is listening, please more than anything make your OS stable at the core. there should be no more bugs like camera app crashing and apps sometimes freezing. One thing I noticed is that u can no longer take a back up of your device on your media card. why is this so ? Plus I feel BBM has become slower than it was on BIS. Please blackberry , give me a stable OS where I dont have to restart anymore. Any help will be appreciated.
    02-14-14 12:48 PM
    You can try a device reset first. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    This is the BB10 equivalent of a battery pull on BBOS.

Hold down both your Volume Up & Down keys for about 10-20 seconds. Keep pressing them, ignoring screenshot notification, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I don't release the Volume keys until I see the blue startup icon.

Anything work better after that reboot?
    02-14-14 12:55 PM
    Wipe the phone and reload the OS. There should not be any crashing, restarting, or heavy lag or freezing. 10.2.1 is very stable. You can plead with BlackBerry to make a better phone all you want but they already did. It's just yours that has issues. You probably aren't the only one. But you are in the minority when it comes to these issues. So please reload the OS. The best way is to connect it to LINK and then click Preferences in the top right corner. Choose the option Reload Device Software and follow the instructions. It downloads the latest OS from your carrier and installs it to you phone. If you don't get 10.2.1.1925 in your region then install the leak for Q devices here. Good luck my friend.

P.S. remember that it could take a few days to settle in after loading new software. If it is really bad then something else is wrong. Try the restart and then try loading the OS again if that doesn't help.
    Last edited by eddy_berry; 02-14-14 at 01:08 PM. Reason: wrong link
    02-14-14 12:56 PM
    Wipe and reload through BlackBerry link desktop software. My q5 is rock solid. Had some issues on my z10 and wipe cleaned it up.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:15 PM
    thanks mate
    02-15-14 03:20 AM
    Crashing and freezing shouldn't be happening and aren't a normal behaviour of your phone.
    When it comes to BBM performance, I can't complain, however since you're using 2G only, you should remember that legacy BBOS used BIS for internet service. BIS compressed the data so your old Curve could get more out of your slow connection.

Poor battery life also shouldn't happen, unless you're living in an area with real fluctuating reception. You should keep in mind though, that after every software update BB10 and your device need a coupple of days to settle in first. So you're experiencing worse battery life than in the beginning.

In the end I'd also wipe your device clean and try a fresh OS installation.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    02-15-14 05:14 AM