What's the best case for the Q5? My new phone is too slippery for proper usage. Can anyone comment on the quality of the different OEM BlackBerry cases? Rubber, plastic, leather.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:55 PM
    There are two kinds of OEM cases: silicone and leather

The leather case is a flip case and not many use it, majority use the silicone case. Some even have purchased 3rd party cases and they work equally well (although, they have an issue of hiding the BlackBerry logo at the back)

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    10-10-14 02:35 AM
    Just sharing my collection of z10 cases.
    Best Case?-img_20141009_135926.jpg

White z10
    10-10-14 03:28 AM
    Hi OP, I had troubles finding a nice case for the Q5, but finally got a good one. Unfortunately, no 3rd party sellers were carrying it so I had to go straight to Incipio website. But I'm glad I checked. They have the Frequency case for the Q5 and it fits really good. It has front edge covering to protect the phone. It doesn't make the phone to thick and it looks good. I think they only made it in black but I could be wrong. I wasted a lot of money buying junk cases but this one is a keeper. I have one on my Q10 also. I know what you mean about the phone being slipper but this case makes it just right. Not slipper but not grippy either, so it is easy to slide in and out of the pocket. Best of luck on your choice.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:40 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I had a frequency on my Q10, great case.

Right now I'm using black camera tape, strong cloth tape with no residue. It's free and working for now.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:57 PM
    Got this one from Telus many months ago. It's a soft case and absolutely perfect. Not sure what brand it is though...
    Best Case?-img_20141012_171925.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 07:20 PM
    http://m.ebay.ca/itm?itemId=161375045293

You'll find the best case on ebay. The rubberized hard case. Only a few bucks and the best case I've found. If only it sported the Blackberry logo instead of covering it up. I actually bought some BlackBerry logo stickers from eBay for this case but they didn't last.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:41 AM
    I got the BlackBerry Q5 Premium Shell (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=bNo5Bk2n), which is made by BlackBerry. It certainly adds to the dimensions and weight, but it feels like a tank. No more fears about the inevitable drops. A screen protector is included, which is a nice touch.

Best deal I could find was on ebay. Shouldn't be hard to find as I could only find one seller listing it there.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:30 AM
    I got the BlackBerry Q5 Premium Shell (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=cOpkRZZ-), which is made by BlackBerry. It certainly adds to the dimensions and weight, but it feels like a tank. No more fears about the inevitable drops. A screen protector is included, which is a nice touch.

Best deal I could find was on ebay. Shouldn't be hard to find as I could only find one seller listing it there.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info. Looks like I can get it on amazon for a little more than ten dollars. Is it slippery?

Oh and thanks for the rest of the recs in this thread. I've checked on them all.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:31 PM
    I got a white BBhardshell case and it is a little slippery but it didn't fit in my leather holster anymore so i checked the Crackberry shop and found one that had a case with a holster and love it. The case is not slippery and i can even use my hardshell case with the holster if i choose to sport my white BlackBerry hardshell case. If you're in Canada or the US use the 20% off code on Crackberry shop.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 02:16 PM
    Is it slippery?
    I can't say that I have had any problems with it slipping, but I have had it only a few days. It has a smooth back, so I can certainly see how some could find it slippery. As I did not have an issue with the naked phone being slippery, I may not be the best judge of that. If that is a big concern for you, you may want to try to get a more definitive answer before deciding whether to buy.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 06:47 PM
    I can't say that I have had any problems with it slipping, but I have had it only a few days. It has a smooth back, so I can certainly see how some could find it slippery. As I did not have an issue with the naked phone being slippery, I may not be the best judge of that. If that is a big concern for you, you may want to try to get a more definitive answer before deciding whether to buy.

Posted via CB10
    The Q5 is very slippery to me. Part of it is the flared shape (similar in design to the Z30).

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 03:40 PM
    Got this one from Telus many months ago. It's a soft case and absolutely perfect. Not sure what brand it is though...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141012_171925.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	305555

Posted via CB10
    Agree. This is what my q5 sits in. I think that the q5 needs a case for sure. The phone naked feels slippery and I think cheap.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 03:57 PM
    Get any hard case you like then loop a wrist strap through the two holes 7mm apart on the bottom to the right (as long as it still fits tightly).

I have four cases now, a bumper & a slim silicone gel, both a dollar or pound, the BlackBerry flip case that extends the battery for 9 quid off Ebay, & a 16mm thick shock resistant case with rubber corners & stand that was about the same & is easiest/nicest to grip/use.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 04:06 PM
    Best Case?-img_20141019_034956.jpg

I've got the flip case, soft shell in red and the white hard shell. A blue incipio feather light and 2 Avoca translucent rubbers. I've got a purple one too but it's out in my car at the moment. My fav to have on is the hard shell, tho the flip case is cool too. Who am I kidding I switch em daily

Posted via CB10
    syah iejam likes this.
    10-19-14 01:52 AM
    Got the OEM soft shell. Doesn't add too much protection I guess, just gets rid of that slippery feeling. Paid 8 EUR brand new.

Phone itself is pretty sturdy, so you won't need super protective cases, unless you're often in the wild or dangerous environment.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 05:26 AM
    Interested in leather pouch?

Best Case?-bao-h-p-1.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 05:32 AM
    Is that the PDAir case?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:18 PM
    I got a white BBhardshell case and it is a little slippery but it didn't fit in my leather holster anymore so i checked the Crackberry shop and found one that had a case with a holster and love it. The case is not slippery and i can even use my hardshell case with the holster if i choose to sport my white BlackBerry hardshell case. If you're in Canada or the US use the 20% off code on Crackberry shop.

Posted via CB10
    I have that case too. I finally gave up on it, it looked nice but I also thought it was too slippery. Also it was a pain to get it off the phone to swap the SIM. I honestly thought I was going to break the phone a couple times.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:34 PM