I just moved to a Q5 from a Galaxy S3. I had the chance to test the Q10 and Q5 at the same time, and found I liked the Q5 screen better for clarity, viewing angle (no bluish tint) and sunlight visibility. Then there's the keyboard issues that crop up on the 10. Both phones would live in a case and be mostly obscured by my giant ham-fists so design and aesthetic mean little to me. In Canada the Q5 is $148 new and the Q10 new is around $300-400. Used is around $150-300 but used phones are kinda gross, and you may be buying somebody's problems.

I know there's many who would say moving from an S3 to be crazy, but I was going crazy from ridiculous typos and embarrassing auto corrects. All the media powerhouse features have zero value when you need to be tethered to a charger to use them. What's the point in having unlimited data if I can't stream music and video? A small screen yes but on the go it's better than a large screen I dare not turn on. .

Posted via CB10
    Funny, about a year ago my girlfriend and I both switched carriers to Wind mobile in Canada, which gives unlimited data. She got an S3 and I got a Q5. A year in I've built a pretty good comparison.

Undoubtedly, the S3 has a better camera and obviously a bigger screen for watching videos. Apps are about equal, in that there's no app she uses that I can't also get and vice-versa.

On the other hand, I text about twice as fast, my battery lasts at least 3 times longer (no exaggeration), I get emails instantly whereas sometimes she won't get them on her phone at all, if we're in an area of poor coverage I can often load webpages that she can't, and the biggest thing I've noticed a year in is that the S3 lags and stutters a lot, even just flipping through home screen apps, whereas the Q5 is as smooth as the day I got it.

This is my first BB so I didn't come in as a huge fan and I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible. But at least in my situation the superiority of the Q5 is clear (and GF reluctantly agrees).

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-27-14 02:01 PM
    Funny, about a year ago my girlfriend and I both switched carriers to Wind mobile in Canada, which gives unlimited data. She got an S3 and I got a Q5. A year in I've built a pretty good comparison.

Undoubtedly, the S3 has a better camera and obviously a bigger screen for watching videos. Apps are about equal, in that there's no app she uses that I can't also get and vice-versa.

On the other hand, I text about twice as fast, my battery lasts at least 3 times longer (no exaggeration), I get emails instantly whereas sometimes she won't get them on her phone at all, if we're in an area of poor coverage I can often load webpages that she can't, and the biggest thing I've noticed a year in is that the S3 lags and stutters a lot, even just flipping through home screen apps, whereas the Q5 is as smooth as the day I got it.

This is my first BB so I didn't come in as a huge fan and I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible. But at least in my situation the superiority of the Q5 is clear (and GF reluctantly agrees).

Posted via CB10
    My girlfriends first Blackberry was the Curve 8530. Since then she left for iphone for a while until moving to the Z10. Then, she moved to the iphone again. Trying to bring her back to the dark side though. Blackberry has no equal.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-27-14 02:48 PM
    OP, let us know what you decide to purchase and give us a review after you get it. If you have any issues, be sure to post them on the forum so the many knowledgeable people can help you figure things out.
    08-27-14 02:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes I'm on wind as well, the Q5 antenna is so much better than the S3. At my home in the kitchen where I would get one bar (maybe 2 if I wasn't holding it) the Q5 gets full bars, and the Q10 I tested would get 3. It's a similar story all over my city, where the Samsung got little or no signal my Q does extremely well.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-27-14 03:03 PM
    thanks all. my mind is set on the Q5. if all is good financially, next week's the time
    lift likes this.
    08-27-14 11:37 PM
    thanks all. my mind is set on the Q5. if all is good financially, next week's the time
    Given your requirements I think you'll like the q5. But do get a case for it, the plastic chips real easy if you drop it. I've been using the BlackBerry premium shell for it and while it does add a bit of weight it feels really high quality.

Don't count on running android apps on it though, most of them don't render properly due to the screen ratio-they work fine on my Z10 though.
    08-30-14 01:37 PM
31 12