Don't rush for update, many bugs in new 10.3.1565 os low sound, low WiFi range, virtual dark theme not working etc

Posted via CB10
    Sal1982 likes this.
    02-24-15 11:41 AM
    When I started to download the update I have to delete my 1.5 Gb Asphalt 8 from it and then the update was started.. it crashed 2 and 3 times due to slow network and battery below 20%. First time it crashed when it was 75 % and after resuming it, it said free up space of 750 something memory. I was fed up and I wiped my whole device and started the update with a new way. This time I had to check after every 5 mins to see if the updates were working...
    --
    After updating:
    Advantages: It is pretty cool. I liked the icons and the new hub view.. it also enables me to change the screen size of any apk applications. An attractive user interface. And the lock screen background change also. The digital clock in bedside mode. In camera the new features are also fascinating. These were the update I thought as a good impact for blackberry.

Disadvantages: slow WiFi range, and nothing much I observe it badness.

Posted via CB10
    theGUNNER likes this.
    02-24-15 12:26 PM
    Went back to 10.2.1 because of the bugs. I updated via sachesi btw.

I can relax now.

Posted from CB10 on my awesome Q5
    02-24-15 12:55 PM
    Even did that also
    But same problm

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:57 PM
    "flash mode change failed" I can't access my camera any help?
    02-24-15 11:32 PM
    It's 10.3.1!

10.3 was Passport exclusive.

I have loved it since I have been using it. A HUGE jump over 10.2.1 (or whatever I was using prior to this). I have not come across any issues that cannot be fixed and have been a satisfied user overall.

Features I liked:
    - Neater Hub
    - More customisations for notifications
    - Much improved Android runtime (although, I don't use Android apps much)
    - I don't remember anything else (being old, my memory fades me).

There are a lot of things still missing, though.
    A LOT!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:01 AM
    When I started to download the update I have to delete my 1.5 Gb Asphalt 8 from it and then the update was started.. it crashed 2 and 3 times due to slow network and battery below 20%. First time it crashed when it was 75 % and after resuming it, it said free up space of 750 something memory. I was fed up and I wiped my whole device and started the update with a new way. This time I had to check after every 5 mins to see if the updates were working...
    --
    After updating:
    Advantages: It is pretty cool. I liked the icons and the new hub view.. it also enables me to change the screen size of any apk applications. An attractive user interface. And the lock screen background change also. The digital clock in bedside mode. In camera the new features are also fascinating. These were the update I thought as a good impact for blackberry.

Disadvantages: slow WiFi range, and nothing much I observe it badness.

Posted via CB10
    same here ! wifi sucks
    02-25-15 09:02 AM
    Ok I guess I'll give it a shot, fingers crossed Thank you!
    02-25-15 10:04 AM
    Would love to tell you what changes I like but to be perfectly honest, I really can't remember 10.2.1 anymore.

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.2243
    02-25-15 11:54 AM
    I love the smaller icon size. And some Android apps actually felt more responsive. However, this update left me with less storage space than 10.2.1, and worse still, apparently it wouldn't charge from a power bank now. 10.2.1 just blindly charged when I plugged in a power bank. 10.3.1 charged for 3 seconds, then shows the "docked"'battery icon instead, a few seconds later it displays a dialog saying it could not determine the type of device connected (duh, it's a power bank), and worst of all, while the power bank is connected it absolutely refuses to go into standby mode. Pressing the power key would just cause the lock screen to reappear two seconds later.

Honestly, I'm torn between keeping 10.3.1 and going back to 10.2.1. I love the smaller icons and improved Android performance, but I need power bank support because I'm known to plug my phone into the charger then forget to turn on the charger (UK wall plugs. You need to flip a switch on the socket), and then panic the next day when the phone has 30% battery life left and I need to go out and realized what happened.
    02-26-15 12:45 PM
    I mentioned this already but the Blackberry Assistant is driving me nuts. You will never catch me talking to my phone but for whatever reason Blackberry really wants me to use the voice commands.

I'm used to just typing "Text Ben" or "Call Mom" and it pops up with what I want to do. When I do this under 10.3 I get this giant warning icon that flashes and takes over my screen warning me that "full assistance" is turned off. If I wanted "full assistance" I would turn it on, I really wish my phone didn't feel the need to flash this warning at me constantly.

The other thing really bugs me is the giant shuffle button in the music app. I listen to albums, I have never once in my life wanted to shuffle music.

Other than those two things, which are really just pet peeves, I've been really happy and my phone has been running fine.
    02-26-15 01:44 PM
    Panorama!! Can't get it to work. Any suggestions please.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    02-26-15 01:49 PM
    Dropbox is very slow on 10.3. Takes for ever for the file list to appear. Used to be a breeze on the 10.2

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    02-27-15 10:29 AM
38 12