Just a survey of pro's and cons. I use my phone primarily on messaging. I don't have the time to play games on it. I just use YouTube but don't watch movies on phone coz I got a laptop. I am missing the legendary keyboard. Do you think it's wise to get a Q10? Or exchange my Z10 for it? Thanks. I will appreciate your opinions.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 03:32 PM
    As a Dutch " Blackberry-an" I can only advice you to upgrade to the Q 10. I began my BB adventure with a 9780, and last year went up for the 9900. Since yesterday I'm proud owner of a Q 10 with latest OS 10.2. Mine opinion: it's the best BB I ever had, it makes the 9900 looking like an old fashioned/outdated nephew (since there is some resemblance between them), it ‘s much better than my wife's Iphone (as she has to admit) and my son, a diehard-Samsung addict, has grown quite jealous.
    About your question: the machine has great potential but also some learning-curve (but it is only good to learn so...). But that’s the same for the Z 10 I guess. The big difference is the keyboard, best on earth. Due to that superior physical keyboard the Q 10 is sublime machine for messaging and that sort of work (and naturally a technical superior phone-machine). No touch-screen/visual keyboard can beat it .
    Best regards
    Bart
    03-05-14 05:39 PM
    No difference, other than obvious.

You will have a KB.

IMHO:

Q vs Z

Pro: keyboard, better battery life (different screen type, smaller and true dark theme) better quality to the feel (Z feels cheap compared to a Q) FM radio, Miracast, less frequent spelling correction (real kb), no rotational headaches (screen is 1:1, no need to rotate), kb shortcuts including quick dial.

Con: less app selection (due to lazy dev's who wont take the time to make their app compatible with a 1:1 aspect ratio)

Boils down to if you're a real kb person, or you want to play games and are ok with typing content on a glass screen.

It is also a BlackBerry, and your colleagues and friends will think you're so uncool. (if you care about such sillyness)

CDN BB
    03-05-14 07:29 PM
    I have both a Z and a Q and both are fantastic devices. But truth be told I use the Q as my primary device because of the keyboard...plain and simple. I'm a tactile person and a fairly heavy email, BBM, WhatsApp, and text user so the keyboard on the Q works best for me. Although the touch keyboard on the Z is extremely functional there are people like me who have been using BlackBerry devices since the beginning and we prefer the keypad. Just my opinion and 2 cents.

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or My Z10 On AT&T
    03-05-14 08:05 PM
    No difference, other than obvious.

You will have a KB.

IMHO:

Q vs Z

Pro: keyboard, better battery life (different screen type, smaller and true dark theme) better quality to the feel (Z feels cheap compared to a Q) FM radio, Miracast, less frequent spelling correction (real kb), no rotational headaches (screen is 1:1, no need to rotate), kb shortcuts including quick dial.

Con: less app selection (due to lazy dev's who wont take the time to make their app compatible with a 1:1 aspect ratio)

Boils down to if you're a real kb person, or you want to play games and are ok with typing content on a glass screen.

It is also a BlackBerry, and your colleagues and friends will think you're so uncool. (if you care about such sillyness)

CDN BB
    Just small question for you: this shortcut on keyboard regarding quickdial: just type name or number and call wil be set up, that easy?
    thanx and regards
    Bart
    03-10-14 07:49 AM
    Spec for Spec they are very similar- same processor, same graphics gpu, camera. Biggest differences are screen size, battery (slightly bigger in the Q at 2100 mah), keyboard of course. I personally like the Q better because the OS seems to play much better on the small screen. I had a lot of lag issues with the Z10 which left a bad taste in my mouth. The battery life and the fluidity of the OS on the Q won me over.
    03-10-14 08:30 AM
    Quick dial:

From home screen (apps minimized) press & hold the key you want to use. You are prompted at that point.

CDN BB
    03-10-14 11:29 AM
    If screen size is a big factor for you, then stay with the Z10. I love my Q10 and would recommend it to anyone but I also know not everyone likes the same things. I'm willing to sacrifice screen space for the keyboard. But I'm so excited for the Q20 and its 3.5" screen!
    03-10-14 08:21 PM
    Pros for the Q10:
    (1) battery life is much better on Q
    (2) typing on keyboard with tactile feedback is much better even when you're looking away for awhile your thumbs still able to find the keys once you get used to it.

Some people find the screen of q10 small but the 1:1 ratio no issue if your phone is primarily use as a messaging tool.

Both Z10 and Q10 are wonderful devices that's built for messaging. The only difference I can find is the screen and the battery life. My Q10 last more than enough that I don't have to worry about battery life for a day. Usually last me more than 12 to 15 hrs of heavy usage. Talk time - I had the experience talking for straight an hour on the phone battery life decreases only by few percent which of course I was amazed except my ears felt hot. My gripe with this phone is I can't have Paypal app nor my bank app. Though this can be done through sideloading I prefer not to put Android apps as I noticed it runs my phone too hot.

via Q10
    03-10-14 09:02 PM