This used to be an issue on legacy BlackBerry devices too. Sad that there still isn't a built-in mechanism to prevent this!

I used my Z10 backup to transfer settings to my Q10. Maybe if I used Device Transfer this wouldn't have happened, I don't know...

But anyway, now many apps on my Q10 are screen stretched and clearly not the Q version. The CB10 app is messed up. I am uninstalling them and reinstalling the right version.

Here's my question...the apps that seem okay...are they REALLY okay? If it seems fitted to the Q10 screen properly does that mean I can leave that version installed because it was done automatically universally by the developer?

Thanks!

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    09-06-13 03:15 PM
    Hrmmm... That's interesting.. I understand why the transfer process can't load files to your new device that weren't present on the old one, but it should recognize that it's not the correct version and prompt you to install the appropriate copy from Blackberry world..

That said, while i'm not a developer myself, my understanding is that there's only one version of the app, and the dev sets it up to display in different manners depending on the device resolution it detects.. meaning so long as the app does support the Q10, there shouldn't be any other version.. I wonder if the issue stems from it only detecting the screen resolution at first run, and then storing that information.. which then gets transferred to your new device with the app data.. deleting and reinstalling the apps would work for you, because it clears the app data when you delete the app, and the new copy starts fresh.. BUT selecting to transfer the apps and not the app data as part of your device transfer would also work.. ( a true fix would be blackberry excluding that file from the data that gets transferred as part of the app data)

The apps that are resizing properly likely check for device resolution on each run, rather then only on first run..(possible solution #2 would be for all dev's to setup their apps in that manner) either way, i'd say if they seem fine they are fine.
    09-06-13 03:38 PM
    NOVA 3 which I knew going into it wasn't available on the Q10 transferred and ran, but was unplayable due to half the screen controls being cut off.

So I reinstalled CB10 and it is fine now. I left the apps that resized properly alone because I presume they are working as intended and I won't have any further unforseen consequences therewith. Maybe is that a bad presumption and I should uninstall everything and start fresh?

Lastly, apps that aren't for the Q10 I refuse to leave on. I removed them for good practice. And I praise BlackBerry for this: upon uninstalling them, even tho I hit uninstall instead of delete, BlackBerry World realized it wasn't for my device and it disappeared from my Available apps. (Let's just hope they stay there on my Z10 World because I paid for some of those!)

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-06-13 03:48 PM
    Bump...anyone else have any ideas here?

Thanks!

~STV on Q10SQN100-5/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-06-13 06:28 PM