Is it just me or is it after a few days of use the keys on the Q10 sound squeaky?
    Your not typing fast enough! Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 07:22 AM
    LMAO - fine
    04-12-14 07:43 AM
    Is it just me or is it after a few days of use the keys on the Q10 sound squeaky?
    Mine sound clicky more than anything but it's a very slight click more like the Bold than the Curve.

Posted via CB10
    anon(153966) likes this.
    04-12-14 09:52 AM
    Using my Q10 again today. Yep, the keys are rather noisy.
    04-13-14 07:01 AM
    Welcome to the dual owner club. Typing this message on my wifi Z. Like to use it for some time every now and then. I still keep jumping between both phones. Both have the best in their world. Not tempted to buy anything else at the moment. That's been a long time (z30 too big).

Would love some kind of hybrid between the Z and the Q. Perhaps a slider.

For daily use I like the Q a bit better cause of the size and the efficiency of the qwerty keys. Busting out emails is a bit more comfortable on the Q for me. And since that's a big part of my work day that's my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    johnburton_uk and creowano like this.
    04-13-14 07:10 AM
    This is not working. Using the keys is almost hurting my thumbs.

Maybe I'm simply used to touch screen devices now. Back to my Z10 again shortly.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 02:29 PM
    I'm primarily a q10 user, but the z10 is so incredible to type on, that i just bought one to have as a backup device.
    04-13-14 02:52 PM
    This is not working. Using the keys is almost hurting my thumbs.

Maybe I'm simply used to touch screen devices now. Back to my Z10 again shortly.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. I haven't used a physical keyboard in about 15 months. My Q10 should arrive by the end of the week. I wonder if I'll have the same reaction.

I really won't know how I feel about the keyboard until I get my auto-text shorthand set up, and that'll take a few hours.
    04-13-14 03:16 PM
    I don t know what you guys e talking about, but the tactile feedback you get when pressing down on the keys is an amazing experience..buy then again everyone has their own opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 03:48 PM
    Interesting. I haven't used a physical keyboard in about 15 months. My Q10 should arrive by the end of the week. I wonder if I'll have the same reaction.

I really won't know how I feel about the keyboard until I get my auto-text shorthand set up, and that'll take a few hours.
    Autotext (Rebranded to Word Prediction in BlackBerry 6 and beyond, yet autotext sounds way cooler) is the best invention ever on keyboard enabled devices. Doesn't work nearly as well on my Z10 because on the Q10 you can more easily setup emoticon autotext commands and type out your most frequently used emoticons faster. Plus I've found some other uses which just make autotext so much more convenient on the Q10 versus the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 04:01 PM
    Wasn't it rebranded to "word substitution" rather than "word prediction"? I'm not sure, which is why I still call it auto-text. It's confusing to call it "word prediction" since that's actually a different action. Word prediction tries to guess what you're going to type as you type it. Auto-text, aka word sub, waits for you to hit a punctuation mark or a space, then looks to see if what you typed matches something in a list, then it substitutes the paired entry in that list.

I started using auto-text on my Danger SideKick in 2003. As I went along, I kept adding entries, and refining them, until I had a personal shorthand of hundreds of common words. Sometimes, my abbreviation only saved me a keystroke, but when it's a word that appears over and over in very paragraph, even a savings of a single keystroke adds up.

When I got the Z10, I abandoned auto-text (except for a few entries) in favor of word prediction and flicking. Then in Android I just went to Swype, which has word prediction but I don't use it much.

Since the Q10 has the same excellent word prediction as the Z10, I don't know whether I'll use that or go back to auto-text. The two systems don't really work together very well, I found--at least, not the way I use auto-text. But I won't know until I experiment. On my 9900 I had 550 auto-text entries, at last count.
    04-13-14 04:53 PM
    Not to sidetrack this thread too much. But, with my Z10, I never use the pop up words that show up while I'm typing.

Not sure why exactly I do. I guess I feel as if I type quicker and not paying attention to the screen helps me to be faster.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:21 PM
    Not to sidetrack this thread too much. But, with my Z10, I never use the pop up words that show up while I'm typing.

Not sure why exactly I do. I guess I feel as if I type quicker and not paying attention to the screen helps me to be faster.

Posted via CB10
    You aren't alone!
    04-13-14 05:26 PM
    Does anyone know the best Q10 to get from ATT? I know there are various models such as 100-3, 100-2 with the Z 10 Series. What would be the latest one for the US for ATT?
    04-13-14 05:30 PM
    For AT&T I believe it is the SQN 100-1. I'll let someone else confirm this.
    04-13-14 05:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    When I had the Z10, I used them sometimes, but doing so did seem to interrupt the flow of text entry. With legacy BBOS I always kept word prediction turned off, but it wasn't very good either. On my PlayBook I use word prediction extensively, probably because tapping out words on that thing is so inefficient. It remains to be seen what I'll do with the Q10.

I assume predicted words show up at the bottom of the screen as you type on the Q10, and you have to tap the one you want. I can't see any other way it could work. I'll just have to see how it gets on with my auto-text ways.

Incidentally, auto-text is one reason why I really need Link to work this time. I don't want to lose hundreds of entries every time I install a new OS -- and we know I won't be getting OS updates from T-Mobile.
    04-13-14 08:56 PM
    When I had the Z10, I used them sometimes, but doing so did seem to interrupt the flow of text entry. With legacy BBOS I always kept word prediction turned off, but it wasn't very good either. On my PlayBook I use word prediction extensively, probably because tapping out words on that thing is so inefficient. It remains to be seen what I'll do with the Q10.

I assume predicted words show up at the bottom of the screen as you type on the Q10, and you have to tap the one you want. I can't see any other way it could work. I'll just have to see how it gets on with my auto-text ways.

Incidentally, auto-text is one reason why I really need Link to work this time. I don't want to lose hundreds of entries every time I install a new OS -- and we know I won't be getting OS updates from T-Mobile.
    I used flick typing when I am using my Z with one hand if I'm walking and texting or just using 1 hand. Feels very efficient

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    04-13-14 09:08 PM
    after being with it for one day, i can not go back to my z10. I type way faster on the legendary bb keyboard compared to a touch screen flick. I look forward to the q20 when it drops.
    04-14-14 11:45 AM
    after being with it for one day, i can not go back to my z10. I type way faster on the legendary bb keyboard compared to a touch screen flick. I look forward to the q20 when it drops.
    When you type on the Z10, do you hold it in one hand and tap with the index finger of your other hand, or do you hold it in both hands and thumb-type, as you probably would with the Q10?

I found thumb-typing on the Z10 quite fast, but I didn't really like doing it. This is partly due to the slight thumb tremor I have in one hand, but mainly I just don't like the feeling of light tapping on the screen. It's odd, I know.

In contrast, I do like the cursive feel of gesture typing with Swype. And I did enjoy the tactile feedback of the 9900 and earlier BBs. I assume I'll like that aspect of the Q10 when I get it. The thumb tremor doesn't bother me when I can rest my thumbs lightly on the keys and slide them around to press.
    04-14-14 02:13 PM
    When you type on the Z10, do you hold it in one hand and tap with the index finger of your other hand, or do you hold it in both hands and thumb-type, as you probably would with the Q10?

I found thumb-typing on the Z10 quite fast, but I didn't really like doing it. This is partly due to the slight thumb tremor I have in one hand, but mainly I just don't like the feeling of light tapping on the screen. It's odd, I know.

In contrast, I do like the cursive feel of gesture typing with Swype. And I did enjoy the tactile feedback of the 9900 and earlier BBs. I assume I'll like that aspect of the Q10 when I get it. The thumb tremor doesn't bother me when I can rest my thumbs lightly on the keys and slide them around to press.
    I do both depends on what time I was holding it. I use swype on my note 3 a lot, but yeah, I just miss the form factor of BB with keyboard. A Q20 would be awesome with trackpad and belt.
    04-14-14 10:21 PM
    Wasn't it rebranded to "word substitution" rather than "word prediction"? I'm not sure, which is why I still call it auto-text. It's confusing to call it "word prediction" since that's actually a different action. Word prediction tries to guess what you're going to type as you type it. Auto-text, aka word sub, waits for you to hit a punctuation mark or a space, then looks to see if what you typed matches something in a list, then it substitutes the paired entry in that list.

I started using auto-text on my Danger SideKick in 2003. As I went along, I kept adding entries, and refining them, until I had a personal shorthand of hundreds of common words. Sometimes, my abbreviation only saved me a keystroke, but when it's a word that appears over and over in very paragraph, even a savings of a single keystroke adds up.

When I got the Z10, I abandoned auto-text (except for a few entries) in favor of word prediction and flicking. Then in Android I just went to Swype, which has word prediction but I don't use it much.

Since the Q10 has the same excellent word prediction as the Z10, I don't know whether I'll use that or go back to auto-text. The two systems don't really work together very well, I found--at least, not the way I use auto-text. But I won't know until I experiment. On my 9900 I had 550 auto-text entries, at last count.
    Yes! That's what I meant

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 02:22 PM
46 12