I have not upgraded as I'm waiting for an official release from my carrier and also because this is my work phone.
    Can I ask which specific 10.1 OS version (not software release version) you are running?
    03-20-14 08:23 PM
    10.1.0.4828. Yahoo e-mail has not lost connection in over a week now. Quite impressed with the performance of my e-mail service with BlackBerry now.

Posted from my BB Q10
    03-21-14 12:06 AM
    You guys talking about OS version, correct? My is 10.2.0.1791
    03-21-14 12:52 AM
    10.1.0.4828. Yahoo e-mail has not lost connection in over a week now. Quite impressed with the performance of my e-mail service with BlackBerry now.

That's pretty much the last revision of 10.1.0 that was released, so if you have to be on 10.1, that's the best one. Especially since there were significant email improvements made in those latter versions of 10.1.0, and .4828 does not suffer from the serious SMS database issue some of the earlier 10.1.0.4xxx versions had.

I'd love to know what Yahoo changed on their side. If they actually made technical adjustments on their side, then a lot of people who have posted here about Yahoo mail issues should be very happy.
    03-21-14 06:34 AM
    I tried reading the whole thread and it felt like my head would explode with all the info. But I'm pretty sure I've done the things suggested here.

I changed my password for my yahoo email account yesterday. Since my email is synced with my BBQ10, I decided to delete my yahoo account on my phone and then tried adding it again with the new password. It won't let me and I just kept on getting the message

"At this time your email account can't be added. Please try again later."

I have been trying relentlessly for almost 36hrs now. I even called my network provider and they told me they couldn't help me since the message just said for me to try again later. They said the problem is with Yahoo and not with them. I think it might be true since I tried adding another yahoo email account and I encountered the same message. I tried adding a gmail account and I had no problems.

If I go to the advanced settings and check the server address, the port, encryption, smtp port and all that, everything is correct but when I try to save it, it would show a message:

The server imap.mail.yahoo.com for your account (Yahoo - *my email address*) is not responding. Please check your settings and try again.

I have synced my yahoo email account with my iPad with no problem so I'm not sure if it's really a problem with Yahoo or just my phone. I have been contemplating if I should restore factory settings on my phone but I really don't want to do it if I can help it, and I'm not even sure if that would help. I am beyond frustrated now.
    04-13-14 08:23 AM
    Have you gone to your Yahoo email account via a PC / Mac browser to create an app-specific password? This is under security settings and generates a long password that must be used on your BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 06:16 PM
    I tried reading the whole thread and it felt like my head would explode with all the info. But I'm pretty sure I've done the things suggested here.

I changed my password for my yahoo email account yesterday. Since my email is synced with my BBQ10, I decided to delete my yahoo account on my phone and then tried adding it again with the new password. It won't let me and I just kept on getting the message

"At this time your email account can't be added. Please try again later."

I have been trying relentlessly for almost 36hrs now. I even called my network provider and they told me they couldn't help me since the message just said for me to try again later. They said the problem is with Yahoo and not with them. I think it might be true since I tried adding another yahoo email account and I encountered the same message. I tried adding a gmail account and I had no problems.

If I go to the advanced settings and check the server address, the port, encryption, smtp port and all that, everything is correct but when I try to save it, it would show a message:

The server imap.mail.yahoo.com for your account (Yahoo - *my email address*) is not responding. Please check your settings and try again.

I have synced my yahoo email account with my iPad with no problem so I'm not sure if it's really a problem with Yahoo or just my phone. I have been contemplating if I should restore factory settings on my phone but I really don't want to do it if I can help it, and I'm not even sure if that would help. I am beyond frustrated now.

Take a look here and see if anything might help:

KB13799-Unable to integrate a Yahoo! Mail account on the BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry PlayBook, or BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    04-13-14 06:37 PM
82 ... 234