I am having the same issue of not getting yahoo mail on Q5. The problem started 4 days ago.

I have deleted and re-added the yahoo acct on the phone. It doesn't help . Anyone has fixed their issue?

Details on precisely what the symptoms are would be very helpful. Please look at the quotation below and see if it sounds like the same symptoms.

In the last several days or so my yahoo e-mail is also repeatedly disconnecting and showing the error. The issue is not getting better and appears to be getting worse. I have not changed any of the settings from default (SSL / ports / etc.)

"The server for account Yahoo - [rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com, port:993] can't be reached. The settings might be incorrect or the server could be temporarily offline. Check your settings and try again."

I have re-input the password at least 15 times in the last couple days and my e-mails are generally not syncing between the two accounts except during random unpredictable times of the day

I even sent an e-mail from my bb q10 in the yahoo account...it was received by the receiving party...but after 24 hours it still fails to show up in my sent box on the PC

I have also deleted the e-mail account from my device and re-added it and then rebooted the phone. this seemed to work for about 5 minutes and it failed soon after again. I now have tons of e-mail that I thought I had deleted now sitting unread in my yahoo account.

The issue you describe above sounds like a known BlackBerry 10 issue, there have been many threads here about it.

The first thing I would like to know from anyone experiencing this is what OS version you are running on the device. Please go to Settings/About/OS and read the "OS Version" number. (NOT the "Software Release" version)

In a nutshell, the problem usually crops up when your internet link is temporarily disrupted. A common example would be leaving the house where the device was linked via WiFi, and the device switches over to carrier internet link instead.

I will post more info on this after I have an idea what OS versions people are using.
    01-14-14 06:22 AM
    Omnitech,

the description of the issue from JDC is exactly what I'm seeing. My OS version is 10.2.0.1791.

I have tested the Wifi only / Wifi and 3G & 2G on / 3G only / 3G & 2G scenario already and none of that affected the issue in a positive way. I have also deleted then added back Yahoo account under said scenario and that doesn't help either.
    01-14-14 07:58 AM
    I will echo wwwatch comments. i spent a whole day using a reliable 4G connection in one place at home. for the entire day it failed to connect and reported back the same error even after doing all of the above (including validation at blackberry's site)

my OS version: 10.1.0.4828

it does not appear to matter what OS it is based on the examples here...i'm now going on 96 hours with no reliable connection to yahoo on my device. the calendar and contacts of yahoo continue to work however.

i have opened a case with Yahoo support
    01-14-14 02:45 PM
    There are definitely OS version distinctions and it is not likely something Yahoo can do anything about, this is a BB10 issue that has been seen with a variety of email providers.

In general, OS versions prior to 10.1.0.4xxx were the worst and would often silently fail without notification. Versions 10.1.0.4xxx added better notifications when an error occurred (generally a yellow exclamation point in Hub) and reworked the Gmail integration process to cut down on this issue with Gmail in part by using Google's "application specific password" feature.

OS version 10.2 seems to suffer less from this problem, and OS 10.2.1 (not officially released yet) better still. Some people claim the problem went away entirely on the beta/leaked OS version 10.2.1.1925.

Most of the cases of this I have either heard of or witnessed directly on my own devices seem to revolve around connection changes or loss. Interestingly in my personal experience, I actually see the problem far less when the signal goes away entirely than when it is unreliable or connecting/disconnecting multiple times.

(This typically happens silently in poor signal conditions including low-grade or poorly configured home WiFi networking equipment or in hostile signal environments. Examples of which include many competing wireless signals, microwave ovens in use, certain types of cordless telephones in use, etc.)

Are all of you using IMAP on your Yahoo accounts or are some of you using commercial accounts setup with the POP protocol?
    01-15-14 05:00 AM
    Am on IMAP. Basically letting the BB10 set up the acct automatically.

I'm also keeping a very short leash on BlackBerry support, talking to them every few days to see what progress they have made.
    01-15-14 08:23 AM
    Am on IMAP. Basically letting the BB10 set up the acct automatically.

I'm also keeping a very short leash on BlackBerry support, talking to them every few days to see what progress they have made.

If they couldn't give you an answer to begin with, what form of progress is this supposed to take, according to them?
    01-16-14 02:36 AM
    We'll not everyone has answers to everything from the beginning. Just need to make sure BlackBerry is working on getting the answer.
    01-16-14 02:54 AM
    Update: I'd like to reiterate, my cell phone signal is extremely reliable in the area I am in and my Wifi is also reliable. I have made no changes to my OS or settings. Starting last week, I am now receiving Yahoo e-mails on my device more reliably. However, any e-mail I send out from my Q10 does not show up in my Sent box in the browser. I confirmed the e-mail actually did get sent out with the recipient. I have also noticed I do not get the error message every 10 minutes. Now it's maybe once a day and disappears on it's own. However, the main really annoying issue is any e-mail I delete from my browser and / or Q10 does not show a corresponding action and the e-mails stay on both devices. My last resort is that I will do a complete restore. BlackBerry support has been completely unresponsive and my carrier is of course completely clueless. Yahoo support also has provided no solutions. I also want to add all my other e-mail accounts including Gmail continue to work normally and sync instantly.
    01-20-14 08:59 AM
    Update: I'd like to reiterate, my cell phone signal is extremely reliable in the area I am in and my Wifi is also reliable. I have made no changes to my OS or settings. Starting last week, I am now receiving Yahoo e-mails on my device more reliably. However, any e-mail I send out from my Q10 does not show up in my Sent box in the browser. I confirmed the e-mail actually did get sent out with the recipient. I have also noticed I do not get the error message every 10 minutes. Now it's maybe once a day and disappears on it's own. However, the main really annoying issue is any e-mail I delete from my browser and / or Q10 does not show a corresponding action and the e-mails stay on both devices. My last resort is that I will do a complete restore. BlackBerry support has been completely unresponsive and my carrier is of course completely clueless. Yahoo support also has provided no solutions. I also want to add all my other e-mail accounts including Gmail continue to work normally and sync instantly.
    So the other email accounts work as designed. I am absolutely positive the OS developers specifically designed Yahoo email to be problematic. This does not sound like a BB related issue but rather a Yahoo issue.

PS. Hopefully the BB Analysts are hounding Yahoo support staff, but I doubt it.
    01-20-14 09:26 AM
    The email issue fixed itself for several days, even getting the phone's inbox syn'ing perfectly (if I delete the mail from my phone, the actual Yahoo acct's inbox email also gets deleted) then the problem came back yesterday. Only getting emails for several hrs during the day.

Talked to BlackBerry support and they are still 'waiting' for BlackBerry factory to provide some solution. In the meanwhile the engineers are testing for some solutions locally - they are suspecting that my actual Yahoo account has way too many emails stored (I think I have over 10k emails).

At one point when I was using the Bold 9900 I had too many emails stored on the phone's inbox and it stopped receiving emails. This same BlackBerry support I'm talking to now suggested having some very old email deleted and that fixed the issue. But that was deleting emails from the phone, they are talking about the yahoo acct this time... I don't hv many emails stored on Q5 since the phone is relatively new.
    01-20-14 03:54 PM
    Hi all,

the local BB support has been relatively helpful wit the issue though not solutions have been developed yet. They have been working with me to test different scenario.

One of the suggestions they have given to me for testing is to have another new yahoo acct set up to see if it behaves the same as the existing yahoo acct with the issue.

I have done that and the new acct works perfectly. I don't know what that concludes. If it is a Yahoo issue then why would the new acct works well...(?) Local BB Support suspects that I might have too many emails in the yahoo acct (which is the case). But they have to verify with the BB Factory if that is the case and if so, what is the recommended # of emails one should have before the issue pops up.

So Jdc, maybe this is something you can try relatively easily as well. Also, does your account has many emails? I don't know the exact count of my emails, but the count says '9999+'
    01-22-14 03:49 AM
    Please help me too. I cannot set up another yahoo account (4th) on my z10. Screen shot of the error attached.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 240659
    01-22-14 04:01 AM
    Yahoo email help!-img_20132176.png

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 04:01 AM
    Minyang, you might want to do what I did - set up a brand new yahoo acct using the laptop first then 'add' the new acct into the phone by going through the process as how you've added the other email accts. Aftr it's been set up from the laptop. Is that what you did?
    01-22-14 05:58 AM
    Is it possible that 02 may be delaying the yahoo emails?
    I'm on Legacy BBOS and BIS. O2 could be late sending the email or yahoo could be late receiving the email. Which one it is, I don't know, but I have seen this happen. I'll explain.

I have eight pushed email accounts. Two of them are yahoo/rocketmail, three are hotmail/outlook, one is gmail, one is aim, and one is another. Almost each day, I'll do an email/BIS test by cc'ing an email from my home cable email account (using my computer) to all my pushed addresses. While I'm doing this, I'll usually have yahoo messenger (which lets me know when an email is received) open for one of my yahoo accounts on my computer. Most of the time every email I send to my BlackBerry shows up near instantly. Sometimes there's a delay. I have seen many times when this has happened that it's not BIS or my BlackBerry that's responsible for the delay, because the delayed email didn't even show up on the yahoo inbox on my computer. Does this mean my home cable email provider is "late" sending the yahoo email, or is yahoo late "receiving" the email from my home email address? I don't know, but one thing is for sure, it's not BlackBerry/BIS being late pushing the email to my handset. In my daily email tests, I have seen the same thing happen with both yahoo accounts and with all three hotmail/outlook accounts. Sometimes I have seen a hotmail/outlook email sit in the webmail inbox and not push immediately (or at all until another email is received), but more often than that when it comes to yahoo it's not even in the webmail inbox for the ten minute to six hour time period you mentioned.
    01-22-14 06:57 AM
    Minyang, you might want to do what I did - set up a brand new yahoo acct using the laptop first then 'add' the new acct into the phone by going through the process as how you've added the other email accts. Aftr it's been set up from the laptop. Is that what you did?
    I created the new yahoo account from my laptop first then tried to add it to my phone the usual way (like my other yahoo accounts) but the error keeps coming back.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:29 AM
    Smell, it doesn't really explain why my new test acct works and the existing acct doesn't though.

Also, my Bold 9900, uses BIS works perfectly with he yahoo email delivery, instant deliveries but once switched to Q5 it starts to have issues so it looks like the problem is on the BB10 side.

M.Y., I am not sure what suggestion to provide. Have are you logged onto your new acct on the laptop? The error message seems to be suggesting that you are not (?) can you send/receive emails from the new acct on your laptop? Just wondering if your new acct is valid from the registration yet.
    01-22-14 09:24 AM
    01-23-14 08:28 AM
    In the meanwhile the engineers are testing for some solutions locally - they are suspecting that my actual Yahoo account has way too many emails stored (I think I have over 10k emails).

I would give that about a 1% likelihood of being the culprit. Lots of people with lots of different sizes of mailboxes see this issue sporadically.

If you have many thousands of emails in a single folder that will be an issue for any syncing email protocol (and will cost you a lot in data-transfer fees, depending on your carrier), but I really don't think that is the root of the issue here.

One of the suggestions they have given to me for testing is to have another new yahoo acct set up to see if it behaves the same as the existing yahoo acct with the issue. [...]

I have done that and the new acct works perfectly.

Since the problem is intermittent and the root cause is not yet known (though internet connectivity variation seems to be a factor), I don't think that proves much of anything, sorry to tell you.
    01-23-14 08:35 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20132176.png 
Views:	325 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	240658

This is a special case.

Yahoo is specifically telling you to re-authenticate via web interface.

This will happen when their system detects some behaviour that causes it to "mistrust" your connection.

The fact that you are checking a large number of Yahoo accounts from a single device is likely a factor in that. They want to make sure you are not someone trying to break into people's accounts. Checking a bunch of different Yahoo accounts in close succession from a single device meets the criteria for that kind of behaviour.

If you login to the account via the regular web page from a computer, that will usually resolve that issue. But it might come back again. And I'd think the likelihood of that is higher if you are continuously checking 4 different Yahoo accounts from the same device.
    01-23-14 08:39 AM
    Omnitech, so all in all, I'm taking it that there is no suspected root cause identified and no fix yet.

So then it still looks like it's a BlackBerry (BB 10) issue (?).
    01-23-14 08:57 AM
    Omnitech, so all in all, I'm taking it that there is no suspected root cause identified and no fix yet.

So then it still looks like it's a BlackBerry (BB 10) issue (?).

Yes, I believe it is mostly a BB10 issue, though I will expand on that below.

Surely there are some isolated cases when Yahoo is having reliability issues, but that's a different matter.

The other complication is that many of these large providers claim to support standard communication protocols but in fact have unique quirks in their implementation.

BlackBerry has tried, with BB10, to stick with "standards-based" email protocols. (Which is why there is no "push" email for Yahoo like the legacy BBOS devices had - BBOS/BIS supported Yahoo's unique and proprietary "push" protocol and BB10 does not)

So the upshot of that is when a large provider like Yahoo has quirks and idiosyncracies in their implementation of a standard like IMAP, you end up having to code specifically for their bugs and quirks, because if you don't, your customers will all blame YOUR product if your buggy email provider doesn't work right. And Yahoo is not likely to change their whole implementation around just to accomodate a small number of BlackBerry users.

Also, this is mitigated somewhat on other platforms because you can just be instructed to "download the app" to address it. But there is no dedicated Yahoo email app for BB10.
    01-23-14 03:43 PM
    ... If you login to the account via the regular web page from a computer, that will usually resolve that issue ...
    Will it be resolved if you log in to yahoo webmail using the Z10/Q10 browser or does it have to be another device like a computer?
    01-23-14 03:49 PM
    Will it be resolved if you log in to yahoo webmail using the Z10/Q10 browser or does it have to be another device like a computer?

Yahoo may try to detect if you are using the same device to do that authentication, which is why I suggested a computer. But it could work from the handheld if that's all you have access to.

It's just that if it doesn't - one can't be sure it is because of that reason or because the separate web login in and of itself isn't solving the problem.
    01-23-14 03:59 PM
    This is the error now

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 03:59 AM
82 1234