I just switched from an iphone to a q10. I set up my gmail and yahoo email accounts as normal. I finally got my gmail to push out my emails but yahoo will not. I started reading up on it and it says basically because blackberry 10 doesn't support BIS. So now I'm forced to refresh or sync my emails every few mins and kill my battery. What the hell happened to blackberry? They were the email kings and now I have to wait to get my emails. Isn't blackberry more for business then play? I do realize their are other email accounts that push out emails unfortunately I use my yahoo account constantly and it's pretty sad that this hugeee feature is gone. The main reason I got a blackberry is for email. It's a huge disappointment.
    09-26-13 05:32 PM
    My g-mail pushes fine, however, there are between 10-15 emails a day that are a few minutes delayed. Did you set your sync interval to Manual, and verify that Push is checked? Blame Blackberry for not keeping BIS, nor doing proper testing.

With Yahoo, not sure about that one, I thought Yahoo worked over IMAP as well.

I just switched from an iphone to a q10. I set up my gmail and yahoo email accounts as normal. I finally got my gmail to push out my emails but yahoo will not. I started reading up on it and it says basically because blackberry 10 doesn't support BIS. So now I'm forced to refresh or sync my emails every few mins and kill my battery. What the hell happened to blackberry? They were the email kings and now I have to wait to get my emails. Isn't blackberry more for business then play? I do realize their are other email accounts that push out emails unfortunately I use my yahoo account constantly and it's pretty sad that this hugeee feature is gone. The main reason I got a blackberry is for email. It's a huge disappointment.
    09-26-13 05:35 PM