All I can say is wow…. I mean wow about everything related to blackberry… I remember in 2005 when i first moved to Orlando 6 months after I finished high school and ditched my motorola flip phone for a new shiny blackberry 8700 (at&t model) with the side track wheel… It was big it was bulky but I was proud. Proud because people had to take me seriously, I had a full keyboard on my phone, I got my emails on my phone and I was totally about business… Release after release I was the cool kid because I had the new blackberry, lets not even mention the first blackberry bold.. OMG that thing was awesome, i miss that phone even now…

And now, the other day i was having a conversation with a few co workers about how sucky the iPhone is and they could not wait for me to fix my mouth to say the work blackberry, they immediately shut me up … even though i mentioned my phone being able to do wifi direct, NFC, DNLA, connect via HDMI and even usb host abilities… it didn't matter because it was on a blackberry… How in the world did blackberry fall so far from grace.. ? (rhetorical) I'm not gonna lie, the OS after the blackberry bold was terrible, OS7 was so buggy it pissed me off, yes the storm 1 and 2 were awful and yes i became frustrated with blackberry…

But now blackberry has returned with BB10 and its amazing, i was frustrated with the lack of useful and popular apps. I use instagram, I use slingbox, I use bank of america, and wellsfargo, all of which were not available and the side load was terrible , or out dated… But here we are 10.2 has been released and I feel just as good as when I bought my first blackberry… Blackberry has stepped their game up, they got some big names on board and found the perfect solution for those who are not on board.. I have all the apps I need and want now and they all work great on 10.2…

My question now is, first lets pull out our CEO chairs, and take a seat.. What do you think blackberry can do reasonably to get people to give blackberry a chance.. cause thats the problem, people don't know bb10 and they don't want to, how do they change that perception?? Because quite frankly, I love my Q10 and Z10 tho i only use the Q now.. and would probably get the Z30 if AT&T had it
    MGO and holly joslin like this.
    11-30-13 01:14 PM
    i mentioned my phone being able to do wifi direct, NFC, DNLA, connect via HDMI and even usb host abilities…
    Really the Q10 does host mode news to me.
    11-30-13 01:20 PM
    Really the Q10 does host mode news to me.
    I worded that incorrectly but i was stating features of BB10 in general not phone specific...
    11-30-13 07:05 PM
    In answer to your question about what BB can reasonably do to give itself a chance, one only has to look at the Z30 release debacle. One US carrier has it and they mostly do not stock it in stores. BB does not sell it direct and worse yet there is NO marketing for the Q10 or the Z30. It really is simple. If you do not make any noise with a new release then no one is going to knock down your door to get the product they do not know about. The entire marketing department at BB needs to be revamped. Can you imagine BMW coming out with a car that none of the US dealers stock and no advertising was done? It would never happen. The BB marketing team is either absent or a bunch of amateurs.

PS my Q10 is the finest phone I have ever owned and I know of no one else in my circle who has one or even knows what it is.
    11-30-13 07:10 PM
    Oh look, another "advocacy thread". Seems like the 100th one today. I'm sure the dialogue will be useful, especially once the naysayers find it...
    11-30-13 10:20 PM
    In answer to your question about what BB can reasonably do to give itself a chance, one only has to look at the Z30 release debacle. One US carrier has it and they mostly do not stock it in stores. BB does not sell it direct and worse yet there is NO marketing for the Q10 or the Z30. It really is simple. If you do not make any noise with a new release then no one is going to knock down your door to get the product they do not know about. The entire marketing department at BB needs to be revamped. Can you imagine BMW coming out with a car that none of the US dealers stock and no advertising was done? It would never happen. The BB marketing team is either absent or a bunch of amateurs.

PS my Q10 is the finest phone I have ever owned and I know of no one else in my circle who has one or even knows what it is.
    But thats my point.. Marketing or no marketing, people automatically tune you out the minute yoou say blackberry.. it doesn't matter what you say after blackberry unless you are saying it sucks.. I could take my phone out and transform it to a harley davidson, they would be amazed until i say blackberry, then they would be like OH, never mind blackberry sucks they are going out of business.. so I don't know if marketing is the answer right now..
    holly joslin likes this.
    12-01-13 02:09 PM
    I think that whatever we think blackberry can or should do is irrelevant, because clearly there are a lot of things they CAN do, but they just ARENT. I love my BlackBerry, but I can't tell you the last time I saw a BlackBerry commercial.

Posted from my Q10 running 10.2.1.1055 via CB10
    holly joslin likes this.
    12-01-13 04:39 PM
    Oh and they aren't reading this thread.

Posted from my Q10 running 10.2.1.1055 via CB10
    12-01-13 04:39 PM
    IMHO BlackBerry caused unbelievable damage to their brand with the BB6/7/7.1 device series. Very buggy and in complete denial of any problems - at least to their customers. I have been working with enterprises and in one case we had 3 persons from the carrier and 5 persons from RIM involved in the troubleshooting process (devices rebooting, showing SOS, dropped calls). We had ZERO fixes.

The tools for identifying the problems was simply non-existant: We had to set a device in debug mode, let the user use it and within 30 minutes from the issue occurred the user had to notice it, connect the device to a PC and extract log files and submit them to RIM. Trust me - that a no-go for a standard user.

It also seemed that 99%+ ressources was used on getting BB10 ready and during those 2-3 years their existing users just got more and more frustrated and only latency in the "mind making process" prevented the users from leaving before.

The BES guys on the other hand are usually doing a great job finding/fixing bugs, which is probably why they are still well liked in the IT departments.

BlackBerry is right now where Microsoft was 2 years ago: Many users remembered Windows Mobile (awfull, slow) and Microsoft/Nokia has spend billions of dollars trying to "fix" the perception through marketing, like the camera resolution and features. Unfortunately I don't see how BlackBerry is in a position to do the same as they only have a fraction of MS cash.

Even if the launched a truly amazing upgrade, the competition (Google / Apple / Microsoft) has sufficient ressources to copy whatever feature they like. I know they cannot easily copy fundamental features of the OS, but it all comes down to user perception and the total user experience (Apple) and help from sales channel and OEM's (Android).

I really want to hear Mr. Chens view on this matter as I really don't see how BlackBerry is able to change their situation. Sadly enough...
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    12-02-13 08:10 AM
    BB does not sell it direct and worse yet there is NO marketing for the Q10 or the Z30.
    if by NO marketing you mean all over times square, NYC, the commuter train lines / stations etc, then yes I agree.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    12-02-13 03:11 PM
    Oh look, another "advocacy thread". Seems like the 100th one today. I'm sure the dialogue will be useful, especially once the naysayers find it...
    isn't that why this is called crackberry ? otherwise wouldn't it make more sense to call it crackdroid, or crackphone?
    12-02-13 03:17 PM
    They need to put out a really flashy device that looks unlike any other phone and has better specs or equivalent specs to the competition
    12-02-13 03:22 PM
    Word of mouth killed the BlackBerry and only word of mouth can save it.

I get sh#&& all the time from my friends but I think it's funny when they are asking if someone has a charger and my BlackBerry Q10 is still going strong! Ha!

Oh. And I get asked all the time how I respond so fast. Qwerty man. Qwerty.

#ProudCrackBerrySincePearl8120
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    12-02-13 03:51 PM
    Blackberry blade
    12-02-13 07:24 PM