A "Send" button, down at the bottom when composing an email? Like it is in text messages?

This may same really lame, but I honestly am getting discomfort in my wrist and forearm between all the swiping and reaching up 100+ times a day to hit send.

Why not put the little button right there on the bottom bar just like when texting?

And also, why not add the "button favorites" aspect to texting as well? Have the bb suggest your favorites when composing a text (for those of us that keep texts in the hub and dont use the app where the recent "favorites" are obviously your most recent text)

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    09-14-13 06:01 PM
    A "Send" button, down at the bottom when composing an email? Like it is in text messages?

This may same really lame, but I honestly am getting discomfort in my wrist and forearm between all the swiping and reaching up 100+ times a day to hit send.

Why not put the little button right there on the bottom bar just like when texting?

And also, why not add the "button favorites" aspect to texting as well? Have the bb suggest your favorites when composing a text (for those of us that keep texts in the hub and dont use the app where the recent "favorites" are obviously your most recent text)

Absolutely not

I can be forgiven accidentally sending a text or BBM too early by accidentally hitting "Send". Same can't be said for an E-mail.
    09-14-13 06:14 PM
    Absolutely not

I can be forgiven accidentally sending a text or BBM too early by accidentally hitting "Send". Same can't be said for an E-mail.
    You think that's why it's not there?

09-14-13 06:17 PM
    Heck, I have a fondness for text, indicating the function, as opposed to a picture...but maybe that's just me.

But anything to save an extra click; I feel ya on that.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:56 AM
    Heck, I have a fondness for text, indicating the function, as opposed to a picture...but maybe that's just me.

But anything to save an extra click; I feel ya on that.

Posted via CB10
    I'm saving having both since we've got the screen space.

09-15-13 01:53 AM
    Choices are nice, too!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 05:14 AM
    Choices are nice, too!

Posted via CB10
    "Choices in BlackBerry 10????? No way!!!!! You are speaking blasphemy!!" - Thorsten Heins. Final words before board takeover of RIM.

NightFire likes this.
    09-15-13 10:14 AM
    Sorry, coming from legacy devices, sometimes I forget myself. Mea culpa!

I would be remiss, though, if I did not admit the fact that I see some choices coming in the 10.2 leaks. Maybe not for this particular issue, but in other aspects.

When I started loading leaks over 4 years ago, the software was harder to come across. RIM was quicker to come in and squash things. I've noticed quite the shift as time has passed, and I am inclined to believe that it is allowed because it is needed. I've also noticed that Beta Zone actually seems to pay attention to survey results. I've seen things voted upon that have shown up in the leaks floating around.

Point is, I do think there are those at BlackBerry that do care about the platform and are scrambling desperately in an attempt to make things right. I hope it is not a too little, too late situation. Guess time will tell.

I realize this is merely my own opinion. And being that I am not an insider to the business, my logic could be flawed.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 05:34 PM
    All in all, you tend to create paragraphs when composing an email. So in a choice between a return key or a send key, for emails. Has to be a return key. I do sort of understand what you mean though.

Posted via SmackBerry 10
    09-16-13 06:56 AM
    I would like to be able to press "alt" or "shift" key and then the "enter" key in order to send. Similar to pressing control enter when composing through outlook to send.

Posted via Q10
    09-16-13 07:18 AM