3 Q10's in about 1,5 year
    All of them with the worst battery out there .
    It's the first time in my life (have changed so many devices) that a phone eats battery without doing nothing ....
    Airplane mode (everything closed )and in 5 hours without touching nothing the phone from 100 went to 89%
    I love so much this device but the battery is awful ....
    All 3 devices i have changed with official os , wiped cleaned without anything installed and in 5 hours 11% battery down ...
    Of course I have tried many times leakes but unfortunately with the same results
    I also have changed new genuine NX1 batteries ,but same here ...
    Ok all smartphones out there have awful batteries ,but without touching a phone losing so much juice , i only have seen this on the Q10
    I think that blackberries software is the problem and it's seems from the beginning of 10.1 util the leak 10.3 nothing has changed ....
    Please Q10 owners what is your experience of the battery usage when your device is totally in airplane mode without anything opened ?
    Thank you
    10-09-14 04:12 PM
    My Q10 with fairly heavy use (60-90 minutes talk time, 50 - 75 emails, many with replies, 30 - 40 texts and perhaps 45 - 60 minutes of browser use) lasts me a full day. I'm in a big city with strong 4G LTE service. What I do find, is that if I'm traveling, where the phone is constantly polling for a signal, it will eat through battery. If your not in a market with a strong signal, that could be your problem.
    10-09-14 04:18 PM
    I've never went in airplane mode.... I have zero battery issues... and I actually think it's really good... I've had the same battery since the Q10 came out...
    bbnrs likes this.
    10-09-14 04:18 PM
    I fly frequently while in airplane mode I only lose about 1% per hour.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-09-14 04:19 PM
    Well, unfortunately I don't really use airplane mode..but i do keep bluetooth on daily..nd usually I receive all day battery with moderate use.. this is the graph of battery usage today..

Worst battery ever ...-img_20141009_171909.png
    Worst battery ever ...-img_20141009_171905.png

Q10.. @credo_nj
    10-09-14 04:19 PM
    If the battery is a problem.... then what the hell is stopping you getting the custom 2800mah one?

Like seriously... who the hell uses 'stock battery' ? i wouldn't...
    10-09-14 10:28 PM
    If the battery is a problem.... then what the hell is stopping you getting the custom 2800mah one?

I use the stock battery and I would guess the overwhelming majority of Q10 users probably use the stock battery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    credonoxo and bbnrs like this.
    10-09-14 10:32 PM
    No issues here. Perhaps you are running android apps? I also had an issue with a yahoo weather android app and uninstalled it and rebooted and presto

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    10-09-14 11:12 PM
    forgot to mention that i almost lose 2% battery ever hour ...
    Clean install -official os without nothing inside installed and airplane mode ...
    The device lasts only 48 hours (2days) without touching it .....and anything installed ...
    Only 2 days without touching it.....its not reasonable ...
    For me sorry but this is the worst battery out there .....
    10-10-14 05:48 AM
    Either there is an issue with the software part (encryption, network search, Android apps, headless app, ...), either with the hardware (and with 3 battery tested with wipe and without restore... can be your Q10).
    With light usage, I can use my phone for up to 2 days :
    Worst battery ever ...-img_20141006_171622.png
    And with normal usage, 18H minimum :
    Worst battery ever ...-img_20140917_135706.png

It's time to use your phone warranty.
    10-10-14 06:33 AM
    its the third device i have changed and all of them had-have same behaviour...
    Yes the carrier coverage is awful in my area , but as i said the phone is in airplane mode without anything installed(apps -acounts -etc) with wipe and no restore ....
    I love this device so much , but the battery is driving me crazy ...
    10-10-14 07:00 AM
    Are you able to use BBVE device monitor to determine what [programs] might be making excessive demands on your battery?
    Like many others I find the Q10 battery more than meets my daily demands, and I invariably get through the day with power to spare. Compared to my former 9900, the Q10 battery life is outstanding.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:20 AM
    That's too bad. I bought a Q10 charger pack and only have used it as backup on rare occasions as the Q10 battery lasts me for most of the day. I've had the Q10 for over a year and still running strong.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:22 AM
    I usually have to recharge mid afternoon on mine only because where I work the signal bounces constantly all day long and most spots it is dead. When not at work the battery lasts all day with heavy use.
    QUOC DIEN PHAM likes this.
    10-10-14 07:36 AM
    No idea why you are having issues. My Q10 lasts a full day and a half with moderate use. It's a big improvement over my GS4 which this replaced.
    10-10-14 01:44 PM
    No idea why you are having issues. My Q10 lasts a full day and a half with moderate use. It's a big improvement over my GS4 which this replaced.
    Yes of course 1and a half day with moderate use is perfect , but 1and a half day without touching the device in airplane mode without anything installed(apps-accounts etc) i believe is terrible
    Isn't it ?
    10-10-14 01:52 PM
    Post a screenshot of the battery drain
    10-10-14 03:08 PM
    I usually have to recharge mid afternoon on mine only because where I work the signal bounces constantly all day long and most spots it is dead. When not at work the battery lasts all day with heavy use.
    Big issue for any battery is the constant searching for a network connection.
    10-10-14 03:35 PM
    I've already post these :
    There are several overheating and/or battery draining issues :
    • weak signal
    • 4G (LTE)
    • faulty battery
    • Android apps (Skype, games, ...)
    • continuous usage of the phone for hours
    • GPS, NFC, DATA, Wi-Fi, bluetooth, ...
    • accounts sync (with the contacts list as first culprit)
    • after a fresh reload (See Accounts sync)
    • after setting the encryption to On
    • Device full

So :
    • never charge your battery in small increment
    • never use your phone during charging
    • don't let your phone in direct sunlight too long
    • use imap instead of pop for your emails
    • check your accounts sync settings
    • customize your notifications
    • avoid vibration mode
    • enable bedside mode at night
    • avoid Android apps
    • close unused active frames
    • check your headless app in Permission settings
    • adjust your screen brightness
    • lock your screen when not use or buy a leather pouch/holster
    • customize your screen lock timeout
    • stop the thing you don't always need : GPS, NFC, etc... try 2G for a while
    • stock your media on a SD card
    • restart the phone and/or take off the battery for a while

For the Q10 users around here who want to reset the battery estimated time, just power off your phone, pull the battery, connect the official charger and push the power on button. Then, disconnect the charger, replace the battery and switch on the phone.
    And the list can goes on...
    Now, in Bedtime mode (Notifications off but Network and Headless app On), I loose roughly 12% per day, so more than 8 days of standby I guess
    Last edited by Joshu42; 10-11-14 at 05:53 AM.
    10-10-14 04:27 PM
    No problems here, so far anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 12:44 AM
    My Q10 always lasts a full day of a bunch of mails and other messages, calendering, evernoting, browsing and playing music to earphones, so long as I'm in the city with good reception.

The one thing that eats battery is travelling between urban areas in places where reception is worse. Even in that case it will still last me an eight hour workday with battery power to spare.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 05:38 AM
    I have to say, this is kinda shocking for me. I've had also 3 Q10 (4 with alpha C), but only because one was robbed and I lost the other other one while being drunk. So did I really bought the same phone again and again? Yes! But why? The incredible battery!!

I use my phones heavily. I make calls all the time, I receive and send emails A LOT, I'm also in whatsapp all the freaking day and I have to use facebook a lot for my marketing second job, but the most important thing, I use a lot the wifi Hotspot option. And I just can't believe how amazing the Q10 battery is.

My sister talking with her friends and taking selfies have to charge her iPhone like three times a day. Three times!!!! Taking selfies and using instagram!!!! I only charge it once and I can make all the stuffs I said!!!

It's simply unbelievable. I just cannot wait to get the Passport. I can't even imagine how incredible that phone must be

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 06:21 AM

Pff lol I think 1% of phone customers uses custom batteries. I've never in my life used one and with a Q10 there's no point of getting one. Now imagine with the passport lol

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 06:24 AM
    Post a screenshot of the battery drain
    at 23.32 (Friday night) i took of the wall charger and the device was 100%
    after 9 hours 08.33 (Saturday morning) in airplane mode without touching the device and without anything installed apps-accounts etc the battery drained to 86%....
    It sucked 14% without doing nothing -without touching the device .
    I have tried as i said 3 more batteries , with same results ...
    Do you find this normal ...?
    I also have know an old iphone 4s and a 9700 blackberry
    If i leave the above devices (iphone 4s in airplane mode ) and (9700 with all connections of) for 9 hours without touching them ,the battery drain is 0%
    I cant believe the Q10 drain i mentioned is normal ....
    What is your opinion ?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Worst battery ever ...-img_20141010_233341.png   Worst battery ever ...-img_20141011_083802.png  
    10-11-14 06:28 AM
    It sucked 14% without doing nothing -without touching the device .
    Yes, it's normal. And your phone works at night As I said earlier, in Bedtime mode (Notifications off but Network and Headless app On), I loose roughly 12% per day, so more than 8 days of standby I guess
    You can always reset the estimated time for your battery (see my precedent post) and take a look at the list of advices I gave you.
    10-11-14 06:53 AM
44 12