I have a few things I've been doing to combat the double typing issue;
    -Use the word suggest when typing. When typing away and thaat (instead of that) shows up, don't go back and correct it, use the word suggest right then and there. The auto-correct for BlackBerry is adaptive, and it's got to the point on my Q10 that it's automatically changing the word to the correct spelling without input from me.
    -When using the phone and you call a business that has an automated system that requires you to enter in ID numbers, account numbers, ect, use the touch screen keypad (you can bring it up by hitting the icon at the bottom right when on a call).
    -If your Q10 is displaying double typped words for word suggest, clear and toggle off Learn New Words (System Settings>Language and Input>Predictions and Corrections>Learn New Words)
    -If your space bar is double typing by adding a period and capitalizing the next letter, you can toggle off Period Shortcut (System Settings >Language and Input >Prediction and Corrections >Period Shortcut)
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 06-09-14 at 03:46 AM.
    05-10-14 07:04 AM
    Sounds like good advise. Thanks for the heads up!
    05-10-14 03:10 PM
    How about just getting the keyboard fixed, doesn't Blackberry do repairs?

I'm still shocked that people find this kind of defect acceptable. It's the one area where BlackBerry has a clear advantage and they can't get it right.
    Last edited by blee4; 05-10-14 at 10:43 PM.
    05-10-14 09:19 PM
    How about just getting the keyboard fixed, doesn't Blackberry do repairs?

I'm still shocked that people find this kind of defect acceptable. It's the one area where BlackBerry has a clear advantage and they can't get it right.
    Yeah blee4, I don't find this acceptable.

Ok, rant time.
    I'll start with the positives;
    -I love the BB10 operating system, I'll be sad to move on to another platform.
    -I love the general build quality and the material used in the Q10, it's a tank! Except for the keyboard issue and the loose battery/ reset issue.
    Even though I can live with the double typing issue right now, I know it's going to get worse. How do I deal with it when the time comes? I doubt my BB will hang in there until I'm done with my contract.
    -Turn it in to Sprint. I don't have insurance on the phone (been with BB since the 7290 and have never needed it), so this will cost money and time without a phone, plus replacing the phone or keyboard doesn't look like a long term fix.
    -Get a touchscreen BlackBerry. Woops, I'm on Sprint, I'm screwed there! Hopefully Sprint will carry the Z30, or at least the Z3. I actually liked the Z10 more than the Q10, except for the battery life. Sprint decided what BB I bought.
    -Move on to another platform. Right now I'd go to Windows Phone, I'd prefer a Nokia, but I'm on Sprint.......... if I stayed with Sprint, I'd get the HTC 8XT.
    -Move to Verizon, fork out the bucks and buy the phone I want- Sprint isn't giving any love to BB or Windows Phone, so this may be inevitable. Then it would come down to staying with BB or not.
    I hate to say it, but BlackBerry really blew it with the keyboard issue, they have hit the old die hard users that have stuck with them right where it hurts the most. How BlackBerry and Sprint handle the problem will likely decide what I do, but the clock is double-ticking.
    blee4 likes this.
    05-11-14 08:39 PM
    I added two more workarounds to the original list.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 03:48 AM