Has anyone figured out the word capitalization rule in the word substitution? For example, I have my "r" to become an "are" and the "u" to become a "you". My problem is that at the beginning of a sentence the "U" become a "YOU" and the "R" becomes an "ARE".
    I don't have this problem with words like "thx" which becomes "Thanks" or "thanks" whether at beginning of sentence or otherwise, respectively.

I'm a proud BlackBerry user and like to use business like language in my emails.

Any help?
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:09 PM
    I seem to have a similar sort of problem. I've substituted 'leme' with 'let me'. Now if I start a sentence like 'Leme know...', it changes to 'let me know...'

The substituted word doesn't auto-capitalise. And I don't have the 'Always use this capitalisation' option ticked as well when I create the substitution.

Anyone else come across this?
    05-18-13 01:05 AM
    Your substituted word with the correct capitalization should show up in the suggested words bar. That's the only way I've found to work around this. I hope they clean it up though.
    05-18-13 07:52 AM
    let me congratulate you. I think you found a bug, the same problem exists with the Z10. Never fear it should be fixed the programmers have continuously be upgrading and fixing Word Substitution since the Z10 launch.
    05-18-13 08:00 AM
    Your substituted word with the correct capitalization should show up in the suggested words bar. That's the only way I've found to work around this. I hope they clean it up though.
    Yeah, I don't like using that suggestions bar. I should not have to use it. I'm guessing that's why the option for 'Always use this capitalisation' exists as well - if not checked, it should capitalise as per the usage of the word in the sentence.

let me congratulate you. I think you found a bug, the same problem exists with the Z10. Never fear it should be fixed the programmers have continuously be upgrading and fixing Word Substitution since the Z10 launch.
    Do I sense sarcasm? I can't tell :P I hope they fix it though.
    05-18-13 11:25 AM
    Has anyone noticed whether this has been addressed in the new release /10.1.0.1720 ?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 11:47 PM
    Has anyone noticed whether this has been addressed in the new release /10.1.0.1720 ?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I meant the .273.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 11:49 PM
    I meant the .273.

Posted via CB10
    It has not been fixed yet. No sarcasm intended.
    05-23-13 01:07 PM
    Yea I am having the same issue. It is really annoying. When I begin a sentence with "Alot" it turns to "a lot" instead of "A lot". The auto-text capitalization algorithms in the legacy BlackBerry devices were incredible. I'm surprised they couldn't just program the same logic into BB10.

Also for my substitution of "wel" with "we'll" I find that "Wel" at the beginning of a sentence becomes "we'll". But when I tick the "Always use this capitalization" option on the word sub options, it changes to the correct form, where it's "We'll" at the beginning of sentences and "we'll" mid sentence. That seems incorrect, because I don't want to "always use" the non capitalization. Maybe I'm not comprehending this tick option correctly? And btw ticking that option does not work for a single letter word sub like "r" or "u", ticking it makes the entire word capitalized at the beginning of sentences, ie "ARE" and "YOU"

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 10:21 PM
    Has anyone figured out the word capitalization rule in the word substitution? For example, I have my "r" to become an "are" and the "u" to become a "you". My problem is that at the beginning of a sentence the "U" become a "YOU" and the "R" becomes an "ARE".
    I don't have this problem with words like "thx" which becomes "Thanks" or "thanks" whether at beginning of sentence or otherwise, respectively.

I'm a proud BlackBerry user and like to use business like language in my emails.

Any help?
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    I am getting a weird random capitalization. I have a word substitution for three random letters which is "Thanks and Best," and this device decides to present it as "Thanks And Best," consistently capitalizing the "A" in and, even though it's not capitalized in the word substation itself. Another screw up that never happened with my 9900. I don't know how they turned things that worked perfectly on previous devices and created problems on this piece of garbage.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    08-18-13 01:38 PM
    also, if I want to write "are you ok ?" (with a space between the ok and the ?) as soon as I write the "?" it deletes the space and convert it into ""are you ok?" (with no spaces)
    I tried to set a substituition word changing "?" into " ?", but with no luck...
    any clue ?
    many thanks !
    08-18-13 05:47 PM