After updating to the latest official software version well as I expected battery was very bad. Yesterday I noticed it was better and today as well. It was better than before the update my usage has been the same. Took charger from around 5am. At 5pm I still have around 60%. Now I'm back to being happy with my Q10.

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.1.537
    02-07-14 03:21 AM
    How long did it take? Im still having issues with the battery life.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    02-07-14 03:25 AM
    It is amazing isn't it? I used my phone to listen to music while at work and after 9 hours I was only at 60% I never turned off the music!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 03:46 AM
    The biggest factor in battery life for me is what network I choose. If I limit my phone to a 2G connection only I get stellar battery life; I'm sometimes able to go around 30 hours and more.

If I'm on 4G which is what I'm on now, the battery barely lasts. I've been off the charger for 3 hours now and I'm already down to 63 percent, but my phone was being setup after a clean install hence the heavy drain. On a normal day I can pull through a 12 hour run using 4G.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 03:47 AM
    14-18 hours of normal use
    02-07-14 07:15 AM
    How long did it take? Im still having issues with the battery life.

It took mine 5-6 days. It was the same when I install the last update. How long has it been for you? All my apps are from BlackBerry World. I sideload but then I took them as it was not working for me. So if you have Android apps that may have some effect? I am not sure tho. Before I use facebook but it heats up my phone so I only log in there to check and then close the app after I use. I don't live it open.

02-07-14 07:32 AM
    It is amazing isn't it? I used my phone to listen to music while at work and after 9 hours I was only at 60% I never turned off the music!

Posted via CB10
    It is amaaaaziiinng! I was starting to give up on my Q10 until yesterday it starting showing good signs of the battery.

02-07-14 07:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    You cant just compare battery usage with music listening
    BlackBerry mentioned that you can listen music for almost 40 hours continuesly

But once you actually start using 3g 4g browser games then actual usage will be pretty different

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 07:53 AM
    The biggest factor in battery life for me is what network I choose. If I limit my phone to a 2G connection only I get stellar battery life; I'm sometimes able to go around 30 hours and more.

If I'm on 4G which is what I'm on now, the battery barely lasts. I've been off the charger for 3 hours now and I'm already down to 63 percent, but my phone was being setup after a clean install hence the heavy drain. On a normal day I can pull through a 12 hour run using 4G.

Posted via CB10
    I'm also having battery life problems when set to 4G (though the 3G/2G setting seems to give much better battery life than before)

On the previous OS (I don't do leaks) 4G was ok for the battery when I had a solid 4G signal (noticeably worse than 3G - but not horrendous), but hammered the battery when I didn't have a solid 4G signal (eg on the train, or driving down the motorway)

With the latest OS - 4G hammers the battery whether I have a fantastically solid 4G signal or not - definitely much worse than previous

However, with the new OS, battery life on the 3G/2G setting seems much improved - eg if I forget to charge my Q10 overnight, the phone is now still raring to go throughout the next morning, and the battery doesn't go Red or power down the phone, until early afternoon the next day

I now have 'Mobile network' as one of my options on the Quick Settings pull-down menu to make it easier to swap between the 4G/3G/2G and 3G/2G settings - I wish I could have a one-touch Quick Setting for just turning 4G on and off (if anybody knows a way of doing this, please let me know)
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 02-07-14 at 01:19 PM.
    02-07-14 08:41 AM
    It took mine 5-6 days. It was the same when I install the last update. How long has it been for you? All my apps are from BlackBerry World. I sideload but then I took them as it was not working for me. So if you have Android apps that may have some effect? I am not sure tho. Before I use facebook but it heats up my phone so I only log in there to check and then close the app after I use. I don't live it open.

Its only my third day in. So hopefully it gets better. My battery usually drains 4-5, but with 10.2.1 its almost 10% per hour. I use a ton of android apps (nainly news outlets), but i dont they are the issue. My system and screen consumes alot of battery. Gonna give it a week and then se how this plays out.

02-07-14 11:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps 4g signal reception in your area is not so good? I experiment with my 4g. I took my phone from charger 12 hrs ago and been running H+ i'm on 55% now at 12 hrs. Emails set to push and bbm lots.

02-07-14 11:08 PM