New Q10 user with brand new Q10 and out of the box BB Headset. Does the headset have a mic? My callers can only hear me through the phone's mic. Since the one lead has a volume control and what looks like a mic pin hole I figured it would have a mic (but given all the other important stuff they've eliminated from the phone I won't be surprised if it's just a pair of ear buds)

Thoughts?
    01-01-15 02:00 PM
    Yes it indeed is a full headset with a mic included, it is located in the little box with the button on it. Maybe your headset's mic is broken? I'd try to get another headset just to check whether there is a fault with your headphone jack or if it really is just a faulty headset.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:36 PM
    Thanks for that. With a new device I assume the fault lies with me - at least for a month or so, but give all the stuff that I'm ******** about regarding this device ( to anyone who will listen), I'm glad in a way that it's the headset. I've tried to make the mic work 8 ways from sunday, but no dice. That Classic is starting to look awfully good to me!
    01-01-15 02:47 PM
    If you happen to have another phone laying around, might also be a simple "dumbphone", you can check out the headset mic there.What kind of other flaws to you have with the Q? Usually people around here are rather helpful getting your problems solved or at least figuring out what causes them.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:53 PM
    Good idea will give that a whirl. All other issues are being asked in other specific threads. Pretty frustrated with this version of the BB. I switched to a Samsung prior to the Q10 thinking I should get with the program, but progress just for the sake of selling a new device wore thin in a month and that only reinforced my need for the BB paradigm. However once I got the Q10 I felt completely let down (my previous BB was the last model of the Bold). The only thing I rave about on the q10 is the keyboard. Everything else either doesn't work right, has been eliminated, or is just plain dumb.
    01-01-15 03:00 PM